Chapter Thirteen

Graces POV

I finally stop to take a rest. I had been walking for over an hour and my legs felt like they were on fire 45 minutes ago .. now they felt like they were going to fall off. I looked at my old watch seeing that it was half past noon.

Guess now is the perfect time for a snack break right milo. I pulled him back from my bag and onto my lap I started going through my back pulling my water bottle and a handful of gold fish out. Laying on the asphalt I just stared back towards the place I was leaving.

I had taken a bus to the end of town and continued my walk from there. I have no idea where I'm going but the only option I had was to leave the small town that I once called home.

I had no choice, there were no other job options for me in a town that small. Every place I applied to there wouldn't even acknowledge me.. none of this mattered now. I sit for a few minutes then start packing my stuff up again. I stand up and continue my journey onwards. I could see cars pass by me as I walked along the highway, I hummed a song to myself trying to keep myself going. God I don't know how far I can go.

Elizabeth's POV

I speed down the road checking my speed every so often. My poor sweet girl, don't worry sweetie mama's coming for you.
I pull into the old rundown looking motel and park in front of her room. Getting out I had a weird feeling shaking it off I go to her door and start knocking on it.

Grace sweetie, it's Elizabeth. Ben called me to come check on you. Are you in there honey?

No answer. I continued to knock on the door but couldn't hear a thing. Where is she? I run over to the managers office persuading the grotesque man behind the counter to open the door for me.

Gracie ? I called out once the door was open. I walked in noticing the room looked empty I looked in the drawers to see them empty too. Walking back towards the door I entered through I seen a note on the table for the owners of the motel.

Dear to whom it may concern,

I'm very sorry to run out on you but I have no money. I got fired and I can't pay for the room any longer. I apologize and I hope you understand.

Shit I mumbled under my breath. I walked to my car getting in and driving off in hope that maybe I will see her on my drive.

"Oh grace where are you ??"

I continue to drive father and farther leaving the town behind me hoping that maybe I will finder her but I haven't. I can feel tears in my eyes as I stare at the road in front of me.

20 minute becomes 30,30 becomes 40 and then that's when I see something. I can feel my foot press harder on the gas as my search continues. "Where is my girl" was all I could think of .

I kept driving 20 more minutes and that's when I seen a girl walking on the side of the road. Is that it was her. My heart felt like it was going to explode. Gracie ! I could see a small girl wearing shoes shorts and a pink shirt carrying a heavy backpack she looked like she was ready to collapse any second. I pulled up in front of her and got out of the car quick.

"Gracie !" I shouted towards her.

Grace's POV

I could feel my legs want to give up again. I was trying to conserve my water as much as I could. I watched as more and more cars passed by. I resisted the urge to hitch hike even tho I knew it would be my only option eventually. I continued to walk and walk when I could see a black SUV pull up in front of me. I felt off guard.. who what is ? Did they stop for me ? I started to back up a little when suddenly I heard my name be yelled out. I looked up at the person calling it. E..Elizabeth ?? What the ?

I stopped and had my mouth open wide in shock.. how did she find me ?

I could see her rushing towards me. I went to speak but I was suddenly ripped off the ground and into a big hug. I could smell her perfume and feel something in her hug that I couldn't explain.

"Why did you leave ?? Why didn't you call me ?"I could feel wetness on my shoulder. I looked at her to see tears in her eyes.

"I .. I didn't .. know" .. I was wrapped up tightly again as she walked towards her car with me in her arms.

She sat me in her back seat and grabbed a bottle of water from the front seat. I took it and drank as much as I could feeling better as I took in more in. I looked at Elizabeth's who's face went from concern to anger.

"You never do that again do you understand young lady" , Elizabeth said in a tone i couldn't understand. I looked to her in shock.

"You are part of my family now and should have come to Nick and I as soon as you got fired we would have helped you with anything you needed! Never do this again little one," Elizabeth said with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm so.. sorry I didn't know what to do." Was all I could say. My energy level was zero, I had no fight in me right now and I think she knew it. I could see her put my back pack in the seat next to me and strap my seat belt in. I closed my eyes starting to feel the heat radiate off of my skin. I could feel myself falling asleep with worry starting to make it's way in, but the lack of energy made me less worried then i know I should be.