Chapter Three

"Come in come in." The blonde woman said enthusiastically.

I could feel two hands on my back guiding me into the houses. I felt a little nervous but tried not to think about it.

"Grace this is my mom Elizabeth.. mom well you know grace. Ben said awkwardly". I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. He talks about me ? Why ? I looked confused at him and he just looked away and shrugged.

"It's great to finally meet you sweetheart. I have heard a lot about you."Mrs. Carpenter said as she bent down a little. and took my hand in hers.

I look at Ben and all I got was a shrug. I shook the woman's hand feeling very put on the spot. "Um it is nice to meet you to Mrs. Carpenter. I um like your cakes. I said awkwardly." Dumb ass cake ??? Really that's all I got .. I thought to myself.

She smiles

Oh sweetie please call me Elizabeth! She said enthusiastically .. gosh she was such a happy person.. definitely not what I was use to.

Um ok Elizabeth. I looked at Ben and waited for him to say something.

"Soo ok we are going to go watch tv until dinner is ready" he said while pushing me in the direction of what I could only assume was the living room.

Ok Tanny sweetie I'll call you when it's ready oh and Gracie honey please let me know if you need anything! Elizabeth called out from the kitchen as I was pushed down the hall.

Living room

Living room

We got into the nicely furnished living room. It had this really comfy feeling to it. I watched as Ben flopped down onto one of the couches and grabbed remote off the table to turn on the tv that was in the room.

I sat down on the other couch and looked at him and grinned.
So Tanny ??? I questioned

He looked up at me and glared. He gave be the finger and told me to shut.

Aw come on I think it's cute Tanny. I said to bug him like he usually did to me.

shut up Gracie! he said while tossing a pillow towards my head,  luckily I was able to move before I got hit.

I giggled and got comfy on the couch as Ben found something to watch. We ended up watching the Simpsons. About 20 minutes had passed and I could feel my stomach growling for food. I could smell all the spaghetti goodness coming from the kitchen and to say I wasn't excited would be an understatement. I tried to ignore my hunger and just focused on the show. A few minutes later I started hearing clicking on the floor and looked up to see a golden retriever pounding into the room excitedly. He ran up to Ben searching for loving.