Chapter Twelve

Bens POV
"The game is freaking awesome man. You have to try it out. I got to the 8th level and it's sketching me the fuck out. Damn zombies keep destroying me." I loudly said across the table to my friends Pete and Eric. We continued to chat more keeping the volume at a high level since the cafeteria was so crowded with people for lunch.

"What are your plans tonight Ben? We were thinking about going to check out that new horror move .. you know the one with that creepy guy that doesn't say shit," Eric said excitedly. I heard it's so good he continued.

Yea that be cool. I don't work so it would be nice to get away from the rents. They have been driving me nuts lately, I said with an eye roll.

I could feel my phone start to vibrate. Pulling it from my pocket I could see the caller I.D for lou's, what the hell do they want? I answered turning away from my 2 best friends and greeted the person on the other line.

B;Hello?
R; Ben it's Robert, I need you to work today, tomorrow.
B; uh ok ? Can I ask why ? I thought Grace worked those days ..
R; She was suppose to but the unfortunately for you co worker couldn't do her job and had to leave.
B; Is she okay? Was she sick ? I asked in a concerned tone.  Since I hadn't seen her since last Saturday
R: oh she's fine she left because I fired her two days ago, Robert said proudly. Now enough about her can you make it or not ?
Ben; closing my eyes I took a deep breath to calm myself before I did something stupid. I needed this job, it was what was keeping me from having an extra 2 periods during the day.. damn school work experience. I held my tongue. Yes ROBERT I will come in today. I said emotionless. Holding in how badly I wanted to punch him in the nose.

I ended the call in frustration. Fuck sake I say out loud gaining the attention of my friends.

"What's the matter ?" Pete asked questioningly

"That was my stupid boss. He fired one of my coworkers for probably the most stupidest reason and now I have to come in to work."

"Shit that sucks man. Well guess we can wait until the weekend and go see it."Eric said shrugging his shoulders while taking a bite of his sandwich.

Yea guess so, I said. I could feel my stomach flutter with worry. Shit I have to call my mom now. I hope grace is okay.

I pull up my moms name and try to figure out what I'm gonna tell her.

Ben: Hey mom, just got a call from work to pick up another shift.

I waited a few minutes, looking at the 12:30 time on my watch knowing she shouldn't be busy right now.

Mom: okay honey. Do you want me to bring you and grace some dinner ? The schedule you gave me says she will be there too. They must be busy if they want you there too.

Ben: uh that's the other thing I wanted to tell you...

Mom: go on... what is it ??

Ben: well.. uh .. grace won't be there, she uh .. got fired.

Mom: what do you mean she got fired ???

Ben: I don't know mom Robert just called me and told me she was fired two days ago. I don't have her number so I don't even know how to get into contact with her and the phones are sketch at the hotel. Lunch bell is about to ring. I hope she is okay.

Mom; Oh my goodness 2 days ago !!! I'll go check on her and see how she is doing, Poor girl .. thank honey for letting me know. 💋

I could tell my mom was mad. She tries to hide it but I can tell. I really hope grace is ok.

Elizabeth POV

I can feel a bit of anger but also worry pulse through my body. The moment Ben told me she had been fired i was so happy because I now can use that to my advantage but  the anger is showing it's ugly head.
Why did he fire her ? She is a hard worker. Now worry is coming .. is she ok? Is she at the hotel?? Is she doing ok ??
These are all the things racing through my mind. All the things that are coming out at once. Yesterday.. she was fired yesterday.  How could I have not known this. Sure Ben wasn't working but how awful,  my poor poor girl.

I put on my jacket and get my shoes on. Rushing out the door with my car keys in hand.  I get in my car and whisper "it's time to bring my girl home."

Reversing out of the driveway  I set off on my destination to the girl I have been searching for, for the last 17 ish years. I'm coming baby. I quickly call Nick and let him know everything that is happening hoping that he can help relieve this anger before I get to her.

Graces POV

I wake up feeling the pain in both my eyes and head. I feel like I just got into a fight. I look at the time on my alarm clock and see it reads 10am.

Ugh I need to start packing I need to get out. They will be coming for the room payment tomorrow ! I sit up slowly rubbing my eyes. Standing up I decide to get in one last shower before I leave for good. Grooming myself the best I can. After I'm finished I pack up all my bathroom stuff, I decide on wearing a t shirt, Jean shorts and my old worn vans.

I pack up my back pack and decide to leave some stuff behind knowing I can't make my bag to heavy. I pack the small amount of clothes I have. My toiletries and whatever food I have left. Lastly I grab my water bottle fill it up and head out holding Milo tightly, I sigh wishing I could have said goodbye to Ben, Nick and Elizabeth..