Chapter Seven

Elizabeth's POV

I watched at Grace started to nod off. I couldn't help but smile. She mumbled about getting a ride home from Ben.

I looked between them both and sipped my hot chocolate.

"Sure sis we can go soon." Ben said with a smile on his face, I looked at him and could see a smile on his face. He stood up and grabbed his drink. And started to walk out the room. 

I looked at Gracie and seen her eye closed and a little snore coming from her little body. Of goodness she was a sight. I stood up and started cleaning up the living room while Nicholas brought things to the kitchen. I finished quickly and then made my move. I gently tried to wake up Gracie I knew she was tired but I needed to get her to wake up.

"Gracie ? Wake up sweetheart."After a couple minutes she finally opened her eyes. 

Honey I made the guest bed up for you.. it's a little to late to be driving tonight I think it would be best if you spend the night.

I could see her trying to mentally understand what I was saying and her just tiredly nodded while trying to get up. I watched as she went on her hands and knees and tried to force herself up. Finally standing i took her hand in mine and walked her upstairs to the guest room which was actually going to be her room.   I helped her up the stairs and to the door. I opened the door and turned on the light.  I could feel her leaning on me and decided now I could probably get away with lifting her. I gently picked her up and laid her on the bed that Nicholas spent the last few days building for her.

I looked at her for a moment and smiled.  I brushed her blonde hair away from her face. 

"Gracie sweetie I'm gonna get you changed into something more comfortable ok." I whispered

I began undressing her and then went to the dresser that was across the room. I pulled out a pale pink t-shirt and matching pj shorts and changed her quickly  I knew she wouldn't wake up during the change but I wanted to be done as quick as possible.    I lifted her and put her head on the pillow of the bed and laid the comforter on her gently I watched her stir long enough to stick her thumb in her mouth... hmm interesting.  I put a little doll in her arms and leaned down and kissed her forehead. I stood up and turned her night light on and walked out of the room taking her clothes with me. Closing the door and smiling to myself in decided to go check on Ben. I went to his room and seen him playing video games.

"So did it work ? Is she asleep "? He asked while taking his head set off.

"Yes it did work. Thank you."I smiled and winked. We said our good nights and I closed the door.
Walking down the hall I went to my room and decided to get ready for bed. Nicholas came in a few minutes late smirking.

"We finally did it ! We finally have our little girl.
Just a few days maybe we can talk her into staying with us then she will be completely ours." He said in triumph.

I pulled him close for a deep passionate kiss.

"What did you give her to make her sleepy?" I questioned hoping it wasn't to strong.

"I just slipped a couple gravol in her drink I didn't want to give her anything that could have long lasting effects."He shrugged. "I suspected her tolerance was probably low and I was definitely right. He grinned."

"How was she going to bed ? I'm so glad we finished her room. I hope she likes it when she wakes up."He said in a nervous voice.

"Honey it's a wonderful room I'm so in love with it and she will be too. She was wonderful going to bed but tomorrow will be the true test to see how we can get her to stay. It will be a couple days before we can let her in on our family plan and it's gonna be a rough couple days but let's just focus on getting her fired from that job of hers. That is not a place for our little girl to be. And we definitely need to get her out of that roach infested motel."

3rd person POV

Turning off the lights and getting their minds and body prepped for the next day because it was going to be a long one. It was almost midnight and Elizabeth stared at her clock excited for the events to come tomorrow. She slowly drifted off to sleep.