Chapter Five

Grace's POV
I ate quietly and just listened to the conversation going around.  I kept thinking about my embarrassing moment of dropping the dishes. Part of me was trying to estimate how much it would cost to replace all the stuff I broke. The plate I could tell were probably super expensive. Oh man what am
I gonna do . Suddenly I felt a kick to my leg and jolted out from my thoughts.

I looked up to seeing every staring at me. Oh shit ...

I whispered a quiet sorry.

Oh no worries sweetie you looked deep in thought. I was just wondering how you like the food? Elizabeth said sweetly.

It is delicious thank you for inviting me. I took another bite hoping to prevent my self from having to answer any more questions.

So how are you liking it at Lou's? I know working there must be hard sometimes with your .. well your size and also having to work with ben .. I know I couldn't do it. Nicholas asked before taking a sip of wine.

A loud sound of a fork hitting the plate was made followed by a defensive groan. Heyyy I'm not that bad. She is lucky to have me there. She would be soooooo bored with out me. Ben said proudly.

I giggled a little trying to brush off the height question but I am use to all the questions and really it doesn't bother as much as I groan about it.

Uh it's not to bad I try to take my time and not carry to many dishes at a time .. unfortunately I didn't take that piece of advice tonight .. I said quick and quietly. I could feel my hands sweat. I am really sorry about the dishes .. if you could just let me know hh... how much I owe you for the damage.. I feel so..

Oh don't worry about honey. Nicholas said with a smile. Dishes can be replaced easily. We are just glad you didn't get cut.... putting his hand against his cheek he whispered softly. We will blame ben for it. He said with a wink

I could hear a fork suddenly drop against the plate a groan being made shortly after.

Wow .. just wow.  Blaming me for everything. Jerks  ! Ben said with an eye roll.  I looked at me for a moment and  I could see a glimmer of something in his eyes.

You're here for an hour and they already let you get away with smashing plates and making messes . I've lived here all my life and I get no special nothing. Ben  said  before sticking his tongue out at me and grinning.

Hush now Tanner.  Elisabeth said with a laugh. You young man  know you have broken more then your share of dishes.

Shhhhhh mom she isn't suppose to know that. Groaned Ben 

I went back to filling my tummy with the yummy spaghetti. I sat in the chair eating the delicious meal and feeling relieved that I wasn't going to be having to scrounge up any money I have saved .. which wasn't much to replace the broken plates.

We all finished our meals. I noticed Elizabeth slowly get up taking her plate with her as she went back to the kitchen. I decided to follow suit. I picked up the white ceramic plate and went to the kitchen. Placing my used utensils with the plate I gently put it on the counter next to Elizabeth's plate. I walked toward Elizabeth.

I looked up a her taking in her height. I was just above her hips . She was a tall lady !

I got the courage to ask her if I could help clean up. I could see the smile cross her face.

Aw sweetie that is sweet of you but if you help me then who is gonna eat the cake I made for you ? She said with a grin . You could help me bring the utensils and napkins to the table.

I nodded with a smile and held my hands out waiting for the forks and napkins to be given to me. Once I had them in hand I set off to set the table for dessert.  I then sat down in my chair again and waited for Elizabeth.  I twiddled my thumbs a little as Ben and Nicolas chatted about something. I wasn't listening to hard but I think it was about some kind of sports..

A few seconds had passed and there was a slice of cheesecake put in front of me. I could feel my mouth water at the site of it. I quickly grabbed my fork and dug right in. I moaned with delight. I could hear small giggles around the room. 

Is it that good, sweetie ? Nicholas laughed a little biting into his own slice.

I nodded my head quickly taking another bite. Gosh this is so good.

Nicholas's POV

I quietly watched everyone around the table. Glancing at grace very often. She was perfect even more then we expected. She was so adorable. I watched as she bit into her cake and moaned in delight.

I couldn't help but chuckle. Is it that good, sweetie ?

I watched as she nodded her quickly taking another bite.

I looked at Elizabeth and could see the joy in her face. She always wanted a little girl and finally we were going to get one. I just hoped we could talk grace into it. I didn't want to force her to do it but I also wasnt going to lose the opportunity to give my wife what she has always wanted.

Third person POV

Small talk was made around the room but eyes were all on grace as she ate. She took no notice to it. The dessert had her so wrapped up in her own world that she didn't see the want in their eyes.