Chapter 5: Wolfsbane

(Big creds to Cece20102 for the cover above! It's so amazing!!)

Once I got out of the shower I made my way down to our basement. I still don't know why I'm getting involved in all of this. I could just be a normal person and forget everything and move on with my life; but no! I had to get involved, just like always.

I start looking around for the Wolfsbane. My mom has a lot of stuff. I don't know why my dad wanted to keep all of this, but he did.

It took me a long time but then I found a box with stuff in it labeled Aconite. I started to look through the box. There were little jars of different colored power looking type stuff with different labels, I'm guessing is Wolfsbane.

There was also some papers talking about it and her research and where she got all of it. Beside that, at the very bottom there was a pile of dried up flowers. I guess that's it's original form, of course dried up though.

Something then caught my eye. It was a jewelry box with a note taped to it. I peeled off the note and opened the box and saw a necklace that I remember seeing my mom wear a lot. I looked down at the note and it read.

To my loving daughter, I would like you to have this locket. I know you have seen me wear it and now I want you to wear it. On the inside there is a rare kind of Wolfsbane, which is why I put it in this box. This type of Wolfsbane will help you if you ever come in contact with werewolves. It can protect you. So wear this everyday. I love you. -Mom

I put the necklace in my pocket and put everything I pulled out, back in the box. I picked up the box and carried it upstairs and set it on the kitchen counter. I then got some tape and taped it shut.

***

I walked down the hallway carrying the box, earning some weird looks from some people but I just ignored them. I was almost to her classroom but then I ran into someone, almost dropping the box.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I wasn't really looking where I was going." I moved the box and looked at the person. My throat dried up when I saw who it was.

Isaac Lahey. A werewolf in Derek Hale's pack. I haven't met him officially but I think he's in my Chemistry class.

I gripped the box closer to me as I waited for him to answer. "No problem, Brianna right? I'm Isaac." I fake smiled at him. I hope werewolves can't smell fear cause right now I'm drowning in it.

"What's with the big box?" He asked looking at it.

"Uh... locker stuff. Yeah locker stuff. And um yeah I have to go, nice meeting you sorry again!" I walked around him towards Ms. Blakes room as fast as I could, just to get away from him.

When I got to her room she was the only one in here, thank god. I closed the door behind me and she looked up from her desk. "Is that it?" I nodded and walked over to her desk and placed it in front of her.

"Okay well we can't have that in here. I have werewolves in some of my classes and if they get just a wiff of they'll know somethings up. C'mon we'll take it to the basement." I picked up the box and followed her down the hall.

"Hey Brianna!" I heard a familiar voice yell my name. I stopped and turned around to see Stiles making his way toward me. "Oh good morning Ms. Blake." He said when he realized I was with her.

She smiled at him. "Hey Stiles, can we talk later? I'm helping Ms. Blake carry some stuff down to the basement." He looked down at the box in my hands and nodded.

"Okay I'll see you later." He then turned around and walked away.

"You're friends with him?" She whispered/ yelled as we got into the elevator down to the basement. "His best friend is Scott McCall who is a werewolf and both of them and Allison and Lydia are all involved in the werewolf business. You can't-" She stopped herself and stood there thinking.

"Were you gonna say I can't be friends with them?"

"Yes but I change my mind. I want you to be friends with them also friends with Dereks pack. I want you to get involved with their lives that you 'find out' about their secret and when you do come to me. I have a plan."

We made our way out of the elevator and to the basement. She took the box out of my hands and put it on a shelf. She took out a sharpie and wrote on it in big letters 'DO NOT TOUCH'.

I looked at her confused. "We can't have anyone opening it and going through it." She said. "Now lets get back upstairs before the bell rings. When school is over come to my classroom, I need to talk to you about some stuff."