Chapter 44: Not The End

Just a small authors note; I realized that there is no chapter 35. It's not that there was one and it got deleted, the numbers just got messed up. So if any of y'all noticed that, sorry if you got confused XD

"S-scott?" Brianna cried out when she saw she was alone again.

She was still standing in the huge room, in front of the nemeton.

"He's not here anymore, Brianna." A low, scratchy voice echoed. "It's just you, and me."

She turned around slowly to be faced with the nogitsune.

"N-no. You do not control me!" She screamed with anger.

"Get out of my head!"

The whole room began to shake and crumble.

"Get the hell out of my head!"

Soon, a loud ear piercing noise boomed around them, sending Brianna to the ground, covering her ears with her hands.

And then...

Silence.

Brianna removed her hands, opening her eyes slowly.

"You did it baby girl," The voice of her mother cooed to her.

She lifted her head to see her mother and father standing before her.

"You defeated him. We knew you could do it." Her father said smiling.

"B-but," She stood up looking around at her surroundings. "If I got rid of him, why am I still here? Why am I still trapped? A-am I dead?"

"No baby, you're not dead. You've got control of your mind, but he's still got control of your body."

Brianna looked around, confused at the setting.

It looked as if she were in a courtyard of some sort, snow falling from the sky.

"W-where am I?"

"Just stay here. You're safe here." Her mother placed her hand on the side of Brianna's face.

Brianna got a cold shiver down her back.

"Of course they aren't real." Brianna thought.

Brianna closed her eyes, trying to imagine her parents away.

It was to hard for her to see them, to talk to them, feel them, because they weren't really real.

They weren't real.

This isn't real.

It's all a mind game.

Soon, everything clicked. She understood what she had to do to save her friends... from herself.

***

As the day went by, Scott and his pack met up Oak Creek to save Lydia and Brianna. Little did they know, Brianna still wasn't herself.

Scott takes a deep breath. His pack waiting at the gates.

"We've done this before guys." He encourages them. "A couple weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved Malia, remember?"

He looks at Allison and she nods.

"That was a total stranger. This is Lydia and Brianna."

Even though Brianna was still kinda a stranger to the group, she became a part of the pact the second she met Allison.

"I'm here to save my best friends." Allison says confidently.

"I came to save mine." Scott says looking at Stiles.