Chapter 34: Again

Before you read, many have commented about my story being like The Vampire Diaries, and yes I am basing a lot of stuff from TVD because Brianna is a vampire and the character playing her is Nina Dobrev who played Elena/Katherine in TVD. If anyone who hasn't seen it and has questions regarding a certain part or thing just message me and I'll try and help you as much as I can! :) -Kiley

I didn't even know I had fallen asleep until I was awoken by sunlight pouring through the window.

I sat up slowly, trying to get my eyes adjusted to the light. "My dad said you stayed here all night." I jumped and turned to the voice.

I saw Stiles sitting up in his hospital bed. "Yeah, I don't know." I stood up and walked over to the chair Sheriff Stilinski fell asleep in earlier.

"I just felt like I needed to." I shrugged slightly.

"They're running tests on me all day." He doesn't meet my eyes, he just looks down at his fingers. 

"What are they looking for?"

"It's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink, it's what my mother had." I could feel my heart breaking. "It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers... and there's no cure."

I took in a deep breath and stood up, my back facing Stiles. I didn't want him to see me cry. I ran my fingers through my hair.

"No this can't happen. It's not going to happen. I-I can do something." I go back over to him and take hold of his hand. "Vampire blood can heal, I mean, I don't know about life threatening diseases, but we can always try." I sniffed and met his eyes.

He gives me a small smile. "Why didn't you go to school?" He asks me. "Did you miss because of me?" I shook my head and sat back down, still holding his hand.

"I'm going away for a little, just a few days. My aunt called the school and they will gather up my work for the days I'm gone."

"Where are you going?" I can't tell him where I'm going. He already has enough shit going on, he doesn't need to worry about me.

"I'll just be going back home for a little, see my family." I lied. 

He nodded,"I think that will be good for you, getting away from all of this for a while. When are you leaving?"

"Uh, today actually. I wish it wasn't today so I could stay here with you; but, it's already been decided." I looked away from him.

I could feel my phone vibrate in my pocket so I excused myself.

"Hello?" 

"Brianna! I found your note, why are you at the police station?!" My Aunt yelled through the phone.

"It's a long story. Everything is okay now." I wish.

I heard a long sigh before she said, "Today's the day." I felt a churning sensation in my stomach.

"Why don't you head on home, okay?" She said after a silence. 

"Okay I'll see you in a few." I then hung up.

I turned around and made myself back into Stiles' hospital room. "That was my aunt, she needs me back home. I'll be back though." He nodded and then I left.

The drive back home felt like an eternity. I just drove in silence, thinking whether or not I should still go through with this. I'll admit, I am scared.

I'm scared because I don't know what to expect at this place. I'm scared for Stiles. For all of us.

I pulled up the driveway and made my way inside. "Brianna? Is that you?" I heard my Aunt call through the house, I then see her come around the kitchen.