Resisting Arrest

Rez crept quietly through an alleyway of the makeshift arena, listening carefully for the distinct metal footsteps of the Officer. Glancing back and forth to make sure he was safe, he crossed the street and climbed up a pipe to get a vantage point from the roof of the fake building.
He was searching for a weapon to defend himself with, as everything he had come across prior had been too weak, unwieldy or too heavy. 

He cursed to himself as he hid behind the rooftop's parapet and listened as the heavy steps of the Officer got closer and louder until they were right beneath him.
He heard it stop and listened as its mechanical parts and electronics whirred and hummed quietly, before it began walking away in the opposite direction.
Rez exhaled and stood up, peering over the edge and making sure it was gone before he jumped back down and ran the way that it had come from.

He turned the corner and looked around for anything to use before he moved on and continued to sneak along the street. As he did so, he peered in through the windows of the fake buildings to see if there was anything inside, and to his surprise, it looked like there was a metal pipe sticking out of the ceiling.
He wanted that pipe, so he opened the window carefully and crept inside the room. There was a table, a chair and a fake fireplace. But Rez's focus was on the pipe that was sticking out of the ceiling. 
He reached up to it and grabbed it and gave it a big tug, but it wouldn't budge. He grabbed it with both hands and pulled and pulled and pulled, to no avail. His hands ached at how tight he had his hands around it.
Cracking his knuckles, he grabbed it and put his whole body weight into the pull. But his hands slipped off of the pipe.
His eyes widened as everything seemed to slow down as all he saw was the pipe getting further and further away as he fell.

Crash. Rez fell right back onto the table and shattered it, making an almighty noise as the wood splintered, broke and snapped. Rez was dazed for a few moments as he had winded himself and hit his head on the wall. He wasn't quite sure what had happened for a minute before he remembered as he heard the muffled metal banging of the Officers footsteps approaching fazing in and out due to his head injury.
The only thing that went through Rez's mind in that moment was "Shit" as he scrambled up to his feet, ignoring the stinging pain that covered his whole back.

He turned to the door and swung it open. And to his horror, the Officer was standing directly in front of him. Its lights were red and it stared down at him with emotionless and cold optics.
Rez's eyes widened as he looked down at the chest of the machine and saw the ribbon. In a split second decision, he swiped and grabbed the ribbon off of him and he immediately turned to dive out the window. The Officer stepped forward and broke through the wall as its arms were too big to fit through the door.
In a deep, robotic voice it said
"You are under arrest. Cease resistance and your punishment will be swift"

Rez wasn't about to be caught as he dived right out the window. Feeling the wind of an attempted swipe on his leg. He ran as fast as he could, but was he faster than a machine?
He listened with terror as he heard the loud footsteps of a robot go faster than any heavy machine should ever be. 
Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang, a constant noise that made Rez dread what would happen if he were caught. He looked down at the ribbon in his hand and clutched it tightly. Two more he thought to himself.

The horrific slams of the machine's feet sounded like it was right behind him. He thought if he hesitated at all he would be killed. 
An alleyway caught his attention and he dove down it quickly, causing the Officer to overshoot and have to slow down to come back around to follow after him. 
Rez had to find a weapon quickly as he surveyed his surroundings, but nothing stuck out to him. He had to keep moving, so he ran up a ramp that went to a fake plaza.
The plaza was surrounded by buildings and had a fountain in the center of it. Of course no water was coming out of it, but it was still a fountain nonetheless.
Though the fountain contained exactly what Rez was looking for, a decent weapon.

There, lodged in the side of the fountain was a metal sledgehammer. It would be hefty, but he could pull it off. He just had to buy the time he needed to get it out of there.

He looked to the sides and noticed large metal dumpsters. They were on small wheels, and Rez had a plan. He grabbed the sides of it and angled it towards the ramp that he had just come up and waited. He could still hear the Officer coming closer, as it seemed to have finally gotten into the alley. It charged into view, and upon seeing Rez, its horn sounded off as it made its way up the ramp.

Grinning to himself, Rez pushed the metal dumpster down the ramp and immediately turned to go to the fountain.

The dumpster picked up speed quickly due to its weight, the wheels squeaking as they span faster than they were ever meant to.
The Officer looked up and saw that it was about to be struck by the dumpster and braced itself. It raised its arms in front of itself and moved its legs so it wouldn't be pushed down.
The thin metal of the dumpster screeched and groaned as it twisted and snapped around the superior body of the Officer, pieces of metal were flung all over the alley, and the dumpster was obviously ruined. 
But the Officer didn't get off without any injury, its arm was bent out of place, its chest dented and a shard of metal was lodged in its right hip.

All Rez could focus on was the sledgehammer, the Officer and hearing Jacks curse out loud about the hole that the Officer would have in it now. But he kept going and jumped up to the sledgehammer and grabbed its handle with both hands, putting all his weight into it as he swung his legs down. The fountain creaked and crumbled, but the sledgehammer was dislodged, and Rez held it in his hands triumphantly as he turned to look at the alleyway where he was.

The Officer was no longer running due to the shard that had severed wires and broken servos, but instead it walked ominously up the ramp and stared at Rez as it did. Its red eye never leaving his gaze as it watched him. The ribbons could go to hell for all Rez cared, he wanted to break this machine for everything it stood for and had done.

"This unit is government property. Vandalising it can and will be treated as a crime"

"Guess they never gave you new voice lines, huh?" Rez remarked as he held the hammer. He felt confident he could take it on when its arm and leg were busted.

Stepping down off the fountain and onto the ground, both Rez and the Officer stared one another down. Rez could feel his heart racing and the adrenaline coursing through every inch of his body. 
With a loud clank from its servos, the Officer charged forward and swung down at Rez, who narrowly jumped out of the way. Slamming into the side of the fountain, the Officer's fist caved in a large chunk of it.
Seeing an opening as the droid pulled its arm up, Rez swung his sledge hammer directly into the head of the confused Officer and watched as it stumbled and fell back. Its head was now stuck at a sharp angle, and a massive hole was now present as sparks flew out of it.
He went in for another swing, this time aiming for the waist. But before the hammerhead made contact with the Officer, it had spun its upper body round and hit Rez right in the side with its arm.
He went flying onto the ground and he was certain he heard something snap. He was dazed, and he looked up in time to see the fist of the Officer fast approaching. His eyes widened and he rolled out of the way just in time as it slammed down into the pavement where his head would have been.

"Woah woah woah that's way more than training mode!" he called out as he watched the Officer glitch. Its head twitched and shot out sparks as it extended its baton, which lit up with electricity. It seemed that hitting it in the head had caused it to fight for real.

Rez scrambled to his feet and grabbed the sledgehammer despite the pain in his ribs and side. He had to fight back, but he did hear Jacks yell out for technicians and a gun.

The Officer watched him and began to approach as it lifted its baton high above its head and brought it down, there was enough time for Rez to move to the side and counterattack, but as he swung the sledgehammer at it, it raised its other arm and batted the hammer out of his arms. The hammer was sent into the wall across the plaza, and Rez was defenseless as he tried to get away.
But he wouldn't get far as a searing pain went through his entire body, the electricity of the stun baton overwhelmed him as he collapsed to the floor. 
The Officer stood over him and picked him up by the collar of his uniform, choking him and causing him to splutter and cough as he clawed for air.
Rez closed his eyes in fear as he saw  Officer was about to slam the baton into his stomach, but before he could feel the pain, he heard the sudden deafening cracks of a gun going off.

His eyes widened as he looked over and he saw Jacks rushing into the plaza, giant slug firing revolver in hand. She fired into the Officer, and it let go of Rez, who fell to the floor with a heavy thud.

Seeing Jacks as the bigger threat, the Officer turned to her and got ready to use the baton on her, but before it had the chance, Jacks had ran up to it and pressed the long barrel of her gun against the underside of its head and fired. Metal, shrapnel and sparks shot into the air as the bullet pierced its cranium, and the Officer went limp. It continued to stand for a few moments, before falling onto its back and shorting out.

Rez watched it all, and he looked to Jacks as he held his side. He only noticed now that he was bleeding.
Jacks looked down at the broken body of the Officer, then turned to Rez. She stared at him for more than Rez would have liked, then walked off.

He had a feeling that he would be organising his own medical treatment from that stare alone.