Medbay

Rez could hear the beeping of medical equipment and footsteps in adjacent rooms, doctors and nurses chatted away as he laid there on the medical bed with two broken ribs and a fractured forearm. 
He was the only other patient in the room, which he was thankful for. He was sat in his boxers with bandages around his upper body and his left arm in a sling, it wasn't the most dignified appearance.
With no windows in the room, all he had was his imagination to keep him company as he rested his head back on the pillow and closed his eyes, and soon enough he drifted off to sleep.

When he opened his eyes again, he was back on Mars. He was sitting on the hill in the park, looking up at the orange sunset sky. The light reflecting off of the tall glass towers all around caused a beautiful pattern to be cast down onto the park.
He took a deep breath and took in the powerful scent of the trees around him and freshly cut grass that his hand could easily and gently glide across. He watched as the birds flew above and wondered what it was like to be free to go wherever you want whenever you want.
His mind wandered, and he stood up. Glancing around he found himself following the path him and his family normally took. It led him over a wooden bridge that went over a stream, and Earthen swans were nesting just below.
He watched the water ripple and splash when the swans moved and drank, and how it reacted to every singe touch.
He was enamoured for a few moments, before he continued on with his walk that he didn't really know what the goal of was, but he was doing it anyway.
As he walked he became aware of how he felt. He felt a warmness over his whole body, a pleasant and enjoyable warmth that started at the top of his head and ran down to his toes. As he felt the warmth fill him, he started to lose focus on walking and instead focused on the warm and tingling sensations that coursed through him.
He stumbled on his own feet, before coming to a stop at a small pavilion that was in the middle of a cross roads in the park.
He sat on the steps up to it and laid back, resting his head against his shoulder and the wooden pavilion fence.
There was absolutely no one else around, he noticed. Not a single other human. There were usually at least couples or dog walkers having a nice stroll at this time. But the park was devoid of human life. But it didn't bother him, he just enjoyed the quiet.
As he walked along he looked across the park at a tall apartment block just outside of the park, the one where he used to live. It was a shiny and luxurious looking building, and the apartments were pretty roomy. They had a great view of everything nearby and Rez would spent hours and hours just watching ships go by. He would watch the skies and note down every ship he saw on a given day. But there wasn't anything in the sky either.
He found that very odd, Mons was essentially the center of United Planetary Alliance, there was always ships in the sky.

The more time that passed, the more uneasy Rez began to feel as he explored the park. There were no longer any birds, or wildlife at all. It had become deathly still, there wasn't even a breeze.
Rez stood in the center of the park, looking around at the trees and empty buildings. It felt like he was the only one on the whole planet. 
But as he looked down at the ground, the whole park became dark, and the sun was completely eclipsed. Rez looked up at what was casting the shadow and his eyes widened as he saw it.
The Absolute Authority, the flagship of the United Planetary Alliance's fleet. The biggest ship ever constructed and a floating fortress. 
Bright flashes blinded him and he recoiled in pain, he began to hear gunfire and explosions going off all around him. When he opened his eyes, everything had changed.
The trees were gone and the park was nothing but dead, hard dirt. Rubble and ash was spread across the park, and all the buildings he could see in the distance were on fire.
His heart was racing and panic began to set in, all he could do was run. But it didn't matter, no matter which way he went he was always heading towards flames. 
As Rez ran, he tripped and fell on a metal rod that was sticking out of a pile of broken concrete.
He fell to the ground with a thud, grazing his palms and arms. 
Stunned for a moment, the only thing that got his attention was the sound of a loud and deafening robotic horn.
His blood ran cold and he felt the ground shake beneath him. Slowly he looked up, and his gaze was met with the cold, uncaring stare of an Officer. He could only see its outline against the flames of the city, and the red lights on its body. 
He heard the mechanical parts inside it chunk and click as it brought its arm up and pointed the barrel of its pistol to his forehead.
Rez stared at it in disbelief and tears ran down his cheeks. All he heard was a loud bang.

He jolted up in bed in a cold sweat, panting and looking around the medbay nervously. He placed his hand against his bandaged chest and felt his heart nearly beating out of it. 
He swallowed and grunted as he laid back down and tried to calm down, watching the ceiling for a few moments before the sound of the medbay door sliding open brought him back to reality.
He looked over to see who was coming in, and was happy to see his sister.
Riza had grown up into a stunningly beautiful woman. Her pure white hair went down to her hips, messy but tidy at the same time. Her face was sleek, elegant and full of determination. Her red eyes were like rubies.
She had the body of a goddess in many peoples eyes, with a large, full bust, slender figure and wide hips, she had caught the eyes of many who have tried, and failed, to catch her love. 
Her white tail flicked gently behind her, and one of her two wolven ears twitched.
She glanced over to Rez, then walked over and sat beside him on a stool.
The two looked at one another for a few moments, before Riza exhaled and held her face "You're a dumbass, you know that?"

Rez watched her after she said that, and after they both stared at one another, they both began to laugh.

After a moment, they both exhaled and smiled at one another, and Rez sat back and rested his head on the pillow.
"I'm not sure what happened. I was just trying to beat the challenge that Jacks gave everyone. And the Officer went batshit and tried to kill me. Maybe I hit it too hard or something but, I didn't do anything on purpose. Jacks looked like she wanted to kill me after it happened though"

Riza was annoyed, but she was worried as well
"Well, you're okay now and that's what matters. Just rest and heal up. Doctor said you were pretty banged up after it. I'm not surprised, those things are like walking tanks" she said, shuddering at the thought of having to fight an Officer herself.

Rez nodded and smiled at her "I'm not doing much else. Kinda have to rest. Does Coco know what happened?"

"Yeah, she does. And she said she'll be visiting soon"

He nodded and pondered, before looking to her "How did your training go anyway?" he asked

Riza seemed caught off guard by the question but she sat forward
"Well, today we were being taught what to do when we were cut off from communications to other Ironclad field agents. It was pretty interesting, lots of really subtle things that we should do to get the attention of anyone else Ironclad. I'll show you them when you're not bedridden"

Rez nodded, then looked over to the wall
"Yeah, that'd be nice"

Riza exhaled and then stood up
"Well, I want to stay and make sure you're fine but I only got half an hour out of my training to make sure you were alright. I need to go back and finish up. Coco'll be here soon enough so, I hope you won't be lonely for long"

Rez nodded and smiled
"Hopefully. Take care Riza. I love you"

"I love you too"