Changes

[ Y/N ]

I was back on the roof. It's been two days since the whole chemical generator situation. The team was back to usual with the occasional bank robberies interception and drug busts. It was just about time for sunrise as I was working out. I leaned against the concrete wall after a long boxing session on the bag. My eyes caught the glimpse of the rising sun. It was definitely a sight to see. I noticed something different these few days about Raven. She'd usually be up by now. I looked over to the door, imagining her coming out of it giving me one of her signature shy smile. I stood there for a little while longer, lying to myself that I wasn't waiting for her before deciding to just continued my training. Unknowingly, my punches were heavier and heavier like I was seeing red. Ironic.

The sun was shining bright after I put in a few hours of more training. I headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab a cup of water. Cyborg was up, making breakfast like he always does.

" Victor." I said acknowledging him as I filled my cup up. I must have sounded pissed because he looked at me with a slight worry.

" You alright there, Y/N?"

" Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I said lying not just to him but to myself. He pointed to my knuckles which I just realized was bruised from punching the wooden dummy upstairs. I hadn't even felt the pain until he pointed it out. Still I played it off.

" I'm fine."

He just shrugged as he continued his cooking. My mind was still bothered by Raven. I don't usually get all nosy when I'm in a team but this one felt different. I didn't know why but I just felt a certain way about her. Reluctantly I asked Cyborg.

" Hey uhh, have you seen. . . Rachel? She's usually up by now." I asked, trying to sound without a care and cool but Cyborg definitely wasn't buying it.

" Figured something was up. Yeah she's probably in her room or the library."

With that I headed first to the library since it was nearby. I did a quick sweep but no Rachel so I headed to her room. But before I decided to approach her, I decided to head to the kitchen to make some tea for her. She has been slightly more agitated these days so I figured it would help. After preparing a pot, I went back to the room as I knocked on the metallic door.

" You in there?"

No answer but the door slid open so I just stepped in. Even though it was the second time I've been in here, it felt different. A bad feeling. I shook it off as I went over to her standing across the room facing the wall. She immediately turned around when I caught a quick glimpse of her eyes slightly changing from a glowing red to her usual dark purple orbs.

" Made you some tea."

Weirdly, she just nodded and took the tray from me before placing it on the table, like she was in a trance. I eyed her suspiciously for a split second.

" You okay Rachel?"

" Are you?" She asked back with a smirk.

" You haven't gone up to meditate for a few days. . ."

" Well, didn't need it besides. . . Didn't think you'd miss me with all that crime-fighting patrol you keep doing." She said with a smirk as she inched closer to me, seemingly with evil intentions. This took me by surprise and made me take a step back.

" Right I must be bothering you. . . I'll be on my way."

" Good-" she said at first with a faint distorted voice before she cleared her throat. My eyes snapped from the floor to her when I heard it.