Sins of The Father

[ Y/N ]

John teleported us into the basement of the church as we carefully made our way upstairs, not wanting to alert any of the demons but to none of our surprises they were waiting for us. An handful of demons licked their teeth as they stared at us with their red glowing eyes, ready to strike but awaiting orders as it would seem. Ahead of us the place where the preacher would stand, giving sermons was now occupied by a throne crafted out of organic materials as flames surround it. A being sat there but not for long as he stood up, turning to face us. This is it. This was what I saw in that flashback. This is what she was hiding.

"I was preparing for this. . . But I didn't however, expected you Constantine. "

"Hey there you ugly mug. . . Long time hasn't it?"

" So it would seem, but never long enough."

As he stood across from us, a smaller figure floated above his shoulder. It was a hard pill to swallow as I saw Raven levitating in the air, her hair all white, her skin no longer pale white and her eyes now four, all red. She looked down at us with a different glint in her eye. Not the same one of hope and gratitude but of evil and malicious intent. Trigon lifted his hand and his demon army began to swarm us but only me and Constantine weren't being attacked. I'd usually be ecstatic but I know what was coming next. It was just the matter of who was going to take their shot at me. Constantine immediately conjured a protection spell for me  as Raven swooped down, knocking him back before grabbing him and flying upwards where they had their battle. Trigon and I began to circle around slowly. Everything was surprisingly going to plan besides the fact that everyone had to hold their own against demons, everything was going perfectly.

" I wondered what intrigued me about you the first time we met. But now? Now I know exactly what it is."

"That I saw right through the little act you tried to pull? Pretending to be her?"

"Oh no. . . No it's much better than that. See you, you've cheated Death against your own will, which means you no longer fear death or anything for that matter. A being with nothing to fear is a being that's truly free."

" You're going to fight me properly?! Or are you just going to stand there, talking about your ideals and fight me like a coward?"

Trigon chuckled in his demonic voice before reducing his size to match mine but still taller than me by a margin.

" Be careful what you wish for. . ." He said as he leaped into battle, throwing his right hand. I barely dodged it before unsheathing my Jian. This time however, it did something different. It glowed a luminous green that only shone brighter as light bounced off the surface. I got into a fighting stance, ready for his attack. Trigon stepped back as his eyes landed on the blade. A slight look of impressed crept across his face before disappearing as quick as lightning

" The Blade of The Demon. A worthy blade to meet mine."

I didn't know what was the blade called so I just kept my mouth shut and prepared for his move. He walked closer to me. Flames shot out of his hand as it revealed a sword of his own.

" All this. . . . for a girl you just met months ago."

" Well I kinda like living in this world as it is without a demon overlord trying to rule it." I said as I lunged at him, swinging my sword. He seemingly parried it with little to no effort, like he could sense my attacks before I even did it. Some of the demons tried to intervene but Trigon swatted them away.

" No!! This one's. . . This one's mine."

We both stood there as we got into our respective fighting stance, waiting for the other to attack when Constantine and Raven came crashing into the building, through the stained glass shattering it into a million shards. Noticing I was up against a hell of an opponent, he threw a spell at Trigon before turning his focus back to Raven. Trigon was stunned by the surprise attack which gave me an opening. I closed the distance on him as I aimed for what would usually be the vital parts of a human. Trigon immediately regained himself and started to return a few strikes of his own.