New Beginnings ( epilogue )

•° 6 MONTHS LATER °•

[ Raven ]

It's been 6 months since Trigon evaded Earth through me. San Francisco has been slowly rebuilding itself back to its original state. Sebastian Blood and Cheshire hasn't been seen since but will no doubt appear soon enough. The team has been having it fairly easy lately but not a day goes by that I don't blame myself for everything. I blame myself for not being strong enough, I blame myself for not being disciplined enough, I blame myself for Y/N's current state. He's been in a coma for six months after his fight against my father. Everyday I go into the medical room and see him laying there with hopes that he finally becomes conscious, he finally comes back to us—to me.

He has to. This couldn't be how his story ends, laying down, waiting for his time. I sat in the chair next to his bed as I took a long hard stare at him. I looked back down on the floor in guilt as I buried my head in my hands. Memories of what happened flashes through my head. All the things I've done under Trigon's control. With some meditation and Dick's story, I was unfortunately able to remember everything. I've hurt my friends, the one thing I never wanted to do. I've hurt him. Tears began to fall down my cheeks as soft sobs filled the silence in the room. It felt like I was in that position forever. My pain only gotten worse when I tried to take my mind off of it by going through my phone. A picture caught my attention, the one we took after the dinner. The one where it seemed like everything was right in the world. I broke down even further at the memories.

I felt a soft touch that caressed my head. My heart raced faster than it has ever before as my head immediately shot up. A pair of eyes was waiting to meet mine as a glint of happiness danced around behind it. No words could describe how happy I was as I immediately went over to his side, holding his hand in mine. We stared into each other's eye longingly.

" You came back." He softly said in a husky voice that had been through countless battles both physically and mentally. He smiled at me which reminded me of his first genuine smile towards me back at the dinner.

" Because of you." I said with gratitude but my voice broke at the end. He ran his other hand through my hair before rubbing away the tear on my cheek.

" Don't. Don't cry for me." He said to which I sniffed and wiped the tears away from my eyes but they still continued to trickle down my cheeks.

" Wh-why did you do it? Why did you go up against my father for me?" I ask with a quavering voice. He stared into my eyes with a soft gaze.

"Because finally after coming back from the dead, I feel alive for once and I have something worth fighting for." He said which stirred something inside me. I was feeling things I never thought possible.

[ Y/N ]

I looked down after saying that, mentally slapping myself. I definitely had a weird way with words. It took all I had to turn back to face her where I was then met with her lips crashing on mine. I was shocked but soon soften in to the kiss, pulling her closer. We kept it going until we both pulled away, gasping for air as smiles crept across our faces.

" WUUU!!!!!! " Gar shouted before whistling in excitement. We turned to the doorway where we saw the rest of the team throwing suggestive looks at us and laughing. Victor and Beast Boy did a high-five before entering the room.

" Glad you're back Y/N. We've missed your dickish altitude." Dick said grinning.

" Oof. You're the one with the name." I clapped back which made him chuckle.

" Oof."

" Well guess that makes me the only single one of the team." Victor said which caught my attention. I looked back to the rest of them as it became clear to me. Gar and Terra were standing fairly close to each other while Dick and Kori were already in each other's arms looking at us. I smiled at the sight before turning over to look at the one who has my heart. We both smiled at each other as I pulled her in for another kiss. I guess being in the Titans wasn't so bad after all.

final note:

well this is it, the end. going through this story, re-editing and all. i can see potential in writing stories connected to this, obviously with different storylines but it could also be relationship based with other DC characters if that's what the majority wants.

lemme know what do you think about the idea of building a written ' universe '