Recruit

[ Dick ]

Back at the Tower, all of us got into a fighting position as the team waited for me to give them the signal to attack the blonde hair lady in front of us. The same one who was with Chesire on the night of the attack. She put her hands up, showing us she meant no harm but I wasn't taking any chances.

" You better start talking because I'm still pissed at you and your friend for taking him!"

" I will! Let's just all relax and not escalate the situation!"

" What, you think we're just gonna let our guard down because you ask us to?"

" I'm not w-"

" That's enough. . . " Y/N said weakily but still loud enough to sound like an order. Relieved he was fine, I went over to him with a small smile on my face.

" I'm glad you're safe. I thought I lost you there."

" Well that won't be the first time would it?" He cracked a joke. He stumbled his way to the living area— where everyone had laid off on the hostile reaction, turning their attention to him. I would have help him walk but he's too stubborn to allow me.

" Now I know. I've been gone a few days and now I'm here with one half of my kidnappers but. . . . She helped me get out of that place. As hardheaded and slightly arrogant as I am, I'm in her debt. . ."

" Slightly arrogant? That's the understatement of the century." I taunted him which made him lightly elbow me in the arm.

" Go on. . . Tell them what you told me." Y/N said as he limped over to the kitchen to pour himself a small helping of whiskey.

" I uhm. . . " She cleared her throat before continuing.

" I wanna join the Titans and help you defeat Brother Blood."

Everyone was confused and shocked, besides Y/N.

" I got two questions. Who are you and who's Brother Blood? He sounds like a really bad videogame character." Beast Boy asked, breaking up the silence. With that Terra began to introduce herself to the team and more importantly explaining about Brother Blood.

-------------------------------------------------

" So let me get this straight. Brother Blood is a cult leader recruiting promising individual for a plan that you don't know?" I asked Terra just to be sure. It sounded extremely simple when said out loudly but I was certain it was no laughing matter. Terra nodded my question which made me pressed my temples in reply.

" And I thought I was weird." Gar said before heading to his room to sleep. I heard a weird distorted chuckle which made me whipped my head in the direction it came from. Raven was at the kitchen, drinking water before going in her room seemingly in a rush. I shook off the thought as I led Terra to one of the rooms in the tower to help her get settled in.

" Kori's gonna take you out later to buy some clothes so you don't have to wear that armour everywhere." I said to her before heading back to the living room. I went to the balcony where Y/N was sitting in one of the lounge chair.

" You alright Y/N?"

" Well I'm not dead so that's a good thing. . . . I guess."

I slightly chuckled at his comment before looking back at the cityscape.

" Hey. . . .you noticed Raven's a little. . . off these days?"

A question that caught my attention to say the least.