4. the drop off

"I'll drive you to Harry's house today, so no need to find someone to get you there."

Elodie looked up from her phone, her eyebrow raised as she looked me up and down. "Are you sick? Why?" I shrugged.

I had never driven her there, nor did I speak about him. It was just the way things had been.

"I just thought it would be easier, I don't have anything to do anyways." She shrugged, "Okay but don't make it all weird, please?"

I nodded, "It won't be. I'll keep it casual." She smiled, "Okay, thank you." She turned her attention back to her phone. I grabbed my own phone, texting Joe to ask him how his day was going.

He had mentioned he had some early scenes to shoot so he should be up by now. A sigh escaped my lips as I opened the chat with him, typing a quick message to check up on him. That's what a wife is supposed to do after all, isn't it?

We texted for a few minutes until he had to go shoot a scene. I put away my phone, I didn't have much to do today except bring Elodie to Harry.

I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. I made some coffee while humming a melody that had been stuck in my head for a while. Work had been quiet for the past few weeks, apart from the grammy's there were no shows and I hadn't had any inspiration except for a melody every now and then, sadly no lyrics seemed to come with them.

I took a sip from my coffee before taking out a plate and some bread, it was twelve pm, time for some lunch. I grabbed some cheese and put it on, I didn't feel like making something more "complicated"

"Elodie, do you want something?" "Emhh.. No thanks, I'm going out with Logan for lunch in a bit. If that's okay?" I nodded, "That's fine, have fun. Just be back at four, we have to leave at four thirty."

"Okay, thanks!"

I sighed before eating my sandwich. Once I finished it I went upstairs, I might as well do some cleaning. I didn't have anything else to do anyways.

I put on some music, a random playlist Selena had made. I quietly sang along to some of the songs as I cleaned my bedroom.

Once I was almost finished with the bedroom Elodie came on, "Hey mom, I'm leaving. Logan is outside." I looked at her and smiled, "Have fun, be back in time." "Will do, see you later!"

She waved before disappearing. I don't mind her going out with Logan, he was a good guy. He was a lot better than her ex, he was a complete jerk.

I finished up cleaning the bedroom and started cleaning the bathroom. Once I was done it was three pm. I decided to quickly clean the spare bedrooms, it only took about half an hour.

I went downstairs once I was done, cleaning up a bit there too. At 3:55pm Elodie came home, Logan following behind her.

"Hey mom!" "Hey mrs alwyn!" "Logan, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Taylor."

He chuckled, "A million more times, maybe then I'll listen." I laughed, he was a sweetheart. "El, we leave in thirty five minutes, make sure you have everything you need for the week." "Yes yes mom, is it okay if Logan comes along? We want to hang out some more."

I nodded, "That's fine with me, ask your dad if it's okay though. I don't know if he has plans."

She nodded, "Okay, I'll ask. Thank you."

I smiled before continuing to clean some more. Elodie and Logan went upstairs to Elodie's room.

After a while I went upstairs, my clothes had gotten a bit dirty from all the cleaning. I changed into a blouse and some jeans, nothing too special.