14. Girlfriends and moving wagons

He sighed as he knocked on the door, patiently waiting for the door to open. When the door did open he didn't see what he expected to find. Joe. "I'll go fetch Elodie. Just wait here."

Harry nodded as Joe disappeared again. He looked inside just at the right time, catching a glimpse of Taylor's blonde hair before it disappeared. That was the most he had seen of her in the past six months. He sighed and waited, noticing there were moving boxes in the hallway. He raised an eyebrow but didn't mention it when Elodie came downstairs nor on their way home.

When they got home Elodie rushed inside, immediately running upstairs to her room. Harry went into the kitchen, a faint smile appearing on his lips when he saw Madison. "Hey babe." She looked up, a smile on her lips. "Hey baby."

He walked over to her and pecked her lips, "Did you get the groceries?" Harry nodded, "Yeah I'll go fetch them." She nodded as he disappeared back into the hallway. a few minutes later he returned, putting a bag of groceries on the kitchen counter.

"Thank you sweets." Madison grabbed the bag and started putting the groceries away as Harry leaned against the kitchen counter.

"You know I saw the weirdest thing." "What did you see babe?" Harry stayed silent for a minute before speaking. "There were like loads of moving boxes in their hallway, like a lot." "Well maybe they are moving? It's not that strange."

"Mm, maybe but Elodie didn't mention that." "Maybe it slipped her mind to tell you." "Yeah, maybe." Madison looked at him and smiled, "Don't stress about it babe, not your business not your trouble." He nodded, "Thank you babe."

He kissed her cheek before walking out, making his way into the living room. He sat down on the couch as he turned on the tv. After about an hour he heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

Elodie walked into the livingroom, a small smile on her lips. "Hey dadddd." Harry looked up at her, "Hey sweetie." She fiddled with her fingers as she looked at him, "So umm, there's this person I have been seeing for a few weeks and I wondered if they can come over so you can meet them?"

Harry nodded, "Of course sweetheart, always." Elodie smiled excitedly, "Great, I'll go tell them!" She hurried off, leaving Harry alone again.

Not more than five minutes later Madison walked in,  "What did she want?" "Oh she wanted to invite this dude she's been seeing over." "Oh, okay. Well I'm heading out for drinks with some friends. If that's alright?" Harry nodded, "Of course."

Madison gave him a quick peck on his cheek before leaving the room and heading out to meet with some friends.

Elodie came back down a little later with a bright smile on her face before immediately running to the door. Harry could hear some muffled voices but couldn't make any words out of it.

After a minute or two Elodie walked back into the living room, holding hands with a tall blonde girl. The girls hair was long and wavy, she had a slight smile on her face.

Elodie turned to Harry and slightly smiled, "So umm, I want you to meet my Girlfriend Marlena." The girl smiled, "Hello sir."

"Nice to meet you, just call me Harry." She nodded, "Okay si- Um, Harry. It's a pleasure to meet you." Harry chuckled as he looked at her, "Do you girls want something to drink?"

Elodie shook her head, "No, we are going upstairs. Can she stay for dinner?" Harry nodded, "Of course. Have fun and leave the door open." Elodie rolled her eyes, "Whateverrr." She grabbed Marlena's hand and dragged her upstairs.

Harry chuckled and grabbed his phone before dialing Taylor's number. The second he pressed call he regretted it and hung up, what was he thinking calling her. She hadn't reached out to him since they last saw each other, at the hospital, so why should he reach out now, she didn't want anything to do with him.

*•*•*•*•*

Her eyebrow perked up as she saw who was calling, why was he calling. It should have been obvious that she didn't want to talk to him.

After the second ring he hung up. She frowned before picking up her phone. She should call back, shouldn't she? She pressed the call back button, waiting for an answer.

He picked up on the first ring. "Hey?" It was silent on the other line for a second, making her wonder if he might have picked up on accident but then he replied, "Hey."

"You called?" She could hear him sigh trough the line. "I did, yeah. I suppose I did." "Why'd you call?"

It stayed silent for a while, "Well. Elodie just came home with her emh.." "Girlfriend?" "Yeah."

She chuckled, "Marlena is a sweetheart, you'll adore her. They go on all these cute dates, Joe and I adore them together." Harry froze for a second as he heard her mention Joe.

"Mm, she seems nice yeah. How are you and Joe?" This time it was Taylor who stayed silent for a while. "Good. We're both good." "That's good, I'm glad. You two are moving right?"

"Emh, no? I'm not moving. Why'd you think so?" "Oh, when I came to pick up Elodie there were boxes in the hallway." "They aren't for me." "Oh."

Taylor brushed a hand trough her hair as it stayed silent for a minute, not sure wether to continue or not. "They are Joe's." She then said plainly.