29. secrets never last

Taylor was over at Harry's house, cooking dinner for him. He was watching her, smiling as he watched how she was flipping the burgers she was cooking.

"You know.." he started, unsure on how to word what he was about to say, "Know what?" Taylor said as she looked up, smiling at him. He hesitated for a second, "I think you should just stay here." She gave him a puzzled look, "Stay here?" Harry nodded, "I mean.. I want you around, why wouldn't you?"

Taylor sighed, "I thought we were taking it slow.. Moving in together doesn't really seem like taking it slow to me." Harry shook his head, "I don't mean- Just.. Until your house is freed up again." "I mean, I don't really see why? I already have a place to stay?"

"Well.." Harry thought for a second, he didn't want to upset her or seem like he was accusing her of something. "I just would prefer it if you stayed with me instead of with Joe." Taylor looked away, turning her attention back to the food she was preparing. "I mean.. I just don't like the idea of you staying with your ex husband."

Taylor sighed, "I get what you mean but you know that's over." She thought back to what had happened just last week, she hadn't told Harry. It would just result in a fight when really, it meant nothing. It was just a kiss, nothing more. She had been upset and he had been there. That was all.

Harry shook his head, "I know that, I do. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't make me feel like.. like you are choosing him or something." She chuckled, "Harry, I love you. That doesn't change because I'm not staying here. I like that we are taking things slow, I like how it is now. If i move in here, that'll change. We both know I wouldn't go back to my house if I did."

He sighed, he knew she was right. "Okay." He mumbled, knowing that it was no use to carry on the conversation. She wasn't understanding where he was coming from and if he pushed it he was sure there would be a fight. So he decided to just drop it.

~*~~*~

Taylor had just finished up cleaning the kitchen after dinner, making her way into the living room and sitting down next to Harry. "Hey" she whispered, pressing a kiss to his cheek as she leaned into his side. "Mhm, hey" he mumbled, he had been off ever since their talk earlier. Taylor wasn't sure why, she didn't think she said anything wrong. Besides, he was the one who ended the conversation.

"What are you watching?" she asked as she looked over at the tv. Harry shrugged, "Not sure, just channel surfing." he said, not looking away from the tv as he replied to her. "Oh." she mumbled, checking her phone for messages.

"Are you mad?" she asked once she put away her phone, "Why would I be?" he replied, still not looking at her. "You can't even look at me when you talk to me, you show no interest when we do talk.. So I don't know, you tell me." Harry didn't reply, not sure what to say.

"You know I can just leave if that's what you want." He shook his head, "No, don't go." "Then tell me what I did wrong." Harry turned off the tv, looking over at her. "You didn't do anything." "Then why are you acting like this?" Harry hesitated for a second before replying, "Because I think he still wants you. I can't stand the thought of you living with him. Where he can constantly be with you."

"So you're jealous?" He shook his head, "I mean.. Not necessarily.. I just don't like you being around someone who wants to be with you." Taylor chuckled, "He does not want to be with me. You don't have to worry about that. I promise." she smiled, brushing her hand through his hair.

"I don't know.." Before he could continue talking Taylor cut him off, "I want you. Isn't that what matters?" He sighed, guessing she was right. "How about I show you how bad I want you?" she whispered, her hand sliding onto his cheek.