17. the deception

His eyes slowly opened as he felt a pain shoot trough his neck. He shut his eyes, the sun was unusually bright. A soft groan escaped his lips as he opened his eyes again, getting used to the light.

The first thing he noticed was that he was outside. He looked down, noticing a sleeping blonde leaning against him. Her hair was slightly messy and her lips parted just a little. She looked peaceful but he was convinced she would wake up in pain, sleeping in that position for a while night isn't comfortable.

He sighed, realizing they had fallen asleep while stargazing. He looked at Taylor, a small smile on his lips as he brushed her hair out of her face. He wasn't sure if he should wake her up, she looked peaceful but maybe she rather have him wake her up.

Right when he decided he would let her sleep until she wakes up herself he heard a slight groan coming from the blonde. Her eyes fluttered open.

He looked at her with a smile, waiting for her to fully wake up. "Mm, Harry?" "You're awake, I see." She slightly nodded. "Why are we outside?" He chuckled, "We fell asleep while stargazing." She frowned as she slowly sat up. "Oh.. I'm sorry your jacket has wrinkles now.." Harry chuckled, "That's fine, does your neck hurt, that must not have been a comfortable sleeping position." She shook her head, "Mm, slept quite good actually."

He laughed, "Come on, you are as pale as snow you need to get inside." She shook her head as she got up, "You should text Elodie that you're fine, she's probably worried."

He nodded as they made their way inside. "Do you want coffee?" "Sure, why not." Taylor made coffee for both of them before taking out a pan and some ingredients. "Oh Tay, you really don't have to ma-" "Hush it, if you're having coffee you might as well have some chocolate pancakes with them." "Well, I do love those." "I know."

It was eleven am when Harry arrived home, later than he had planned but he had fun, more fun than he had had in a long time. He unlocked the door and walked inside. Elodie asked him if she could go out today so she wasn't home, meaning only Madison would be home now.

He sighed as he took off his shoes and hung up his coat. He made his way to the kitchen, finding Madison there as he suspected. For some reason she liked to just sit there, he had no idea why and didn't care to ask her either.

"Oh. You're alive." She glanced at him before turning her attention back to her phone. "Mm, hi babe." He walked over to her, wanting to kiss her hello but she shook her head. "You don't get to disappear for a night and then act like nothing happened. Where were you?"

He shrugged, "I told you, I was out with Taylor." "The whole night? Makes a great case for you." He sighed, "We fell asleep, nothing happened." "Sure."

"It's the truth? We went to a café, had some drinks, I dropped her off at her house and she asked if I wanted to come in for a bit. I said sure and we went to her backyard, we sat on a bench and looked at the stars because it was quite a clear sky. We fell asleep there and that's the end of the story. In the morning we drank coffee and had breakfast, after that I came home. That's all." Madison sighed, shaking her head. "Alright. If you say so. What café did you two go too?" "You don't know it."

She shrugged, "Maybe I do." He shook his head, there was no way she knew. "You don't." "Take me there then, I want to see." He didn't want too take her, it was his place and he didn't want to share it with her. Just because he took Taylor there doesn't mean he wants to take Madison too.

"It's far away, not your style either." "Take me anyways, we have nothing to do tonight." He sighed, he wasn't going to win this. "Fine, we will go tonight." She smiled, "Good." Her lips brushed against his cheek for a small second as she walked out of the kitchen, leaving Harry by himself.

Later that evening they left to go to "the café", he wasn't taking her to the right one though. Smozies has two café's, the other one, the one he was taking her too, was more centered around younger people. There was a pool table and a bigger bar.

Most of the time Margret and her husband, Henk, were in the one he always goes too but sometimes they weren't.

He sighed as he parked the car, "It's here." Madison nodded and got out of the car. Harry walked inside first, Madison needed to get her bag from the backseat. Margret, who happened to be here today, turned to him right away as he walked inside.

"Harry, you're here! What lovely to see you." "Margret, It's good to see you again." "You brought Taylor again, that's lovely!" She said as she noticed he stood by the door with a woman's coat over his arm. Right as she said that Madison walked in, hearing what the woman said.

"No, he brought me." She said as she rolled her eyes. "Oh well, welcome. Pick any table you want. Harry let me know when you want to order." Margret smiled as she turned away from them, making her way to the bar.

Madison walked to a table in the back, Harry followed her as they sat down. "So this is where you went?" He nodded, "Yup."

He knew he shouldn't be lying but he didn't want to take her to the other smozies location, it was his café, and he didn't want to have a fight over it.

"Mm. Kind of boring. That old woman seems annoying too, to be honest." "She's a sweetheart. Don't be mean." She shrugged, "I'm sorry."

An hour later Madison went to the toilet as Harry got up to pay for the drinks. "Hey son." Margret said with a faint smile as she saw him. "Leaving already?" "Yeah, she's tired she wants to go home." Margret nodded, "Who is she?" "My girlfriend."

She shook her head, "She doesn't make you light up, she doesn't even make you laugh." "She was just in a bad mood tonight, that's all." Margret smiled as she took his hand, "I can see it in the way you look at her. Don't be a fool, Harry." He sighed, knowing she was right but what did it matter, really.

"Take care of yourself and do the right thing, son." Margret said to him after he had paid. Madison came back half a minute later and they took off.

In the car he repeated the conversation with Margret. What did she mean, the way he looked at her. Did she even mean Madison, he supposed she didn't because why else would he be a fool.

A/N

Look at me regularly updating, who would have thought. Anyways, lmk what u would like to see in the next chapters.