chapter 5

The girls were a little hyper after their dance class as they were back in their new home. Gru was annoyed.

"Here, Margo..." Patty handed her elder younger sister the flyer about Super Silly Fun Land carnival.

"Wow, can we go?" She asks.

"Please?" Agnes added.

"Yeah, we never been." Patty added in, sounding just as excited as her sisters.

Gru looked ready to say no, but then grinned. "Lightbulb~" he says.

Patty glanced at Gru, but was glad that he decided to let them all go to the carnival place. She was practically being dragged by Edith when she saw the big roller-coaster ride. "SLOWdown, kiddo!" she called, laughing, following Margo and Agnes as well to get in line.

Margo chuckled. Gru got to the carts, prepared to walk off.

One of the workers saw Gru leaving after the girls got in. "Uhh... Sorry, dude, they can't ride without an adult."

"I don't count!" Patty called out, adding that in, making sure that Agnes and Edith were in okay, knowing Margo knew how to get herself adjusted and strapped into the ride.

Gru looked at them and sighed, climbing in.

"Alright, let's go!" Patty cheered.

The worker saw them all in and then pulled the lever to get the ride started to have the time of their lives. Gru looked bored until it went over and then screamed in fear. Patty enjoyed the ride the most, screaming with delight with her sisters. This was a great day FOR HER and not just because of the carnival riding and the excitement she was having. Gru of course had no idea.

After what felt like several hours of the ride, the girls and Gru left.

"Patty, look!" Agnes piped, pointing to a unicorn she loved better than the substitute the Minions gave her and the one she used to have from Miss Hattie's. "Look at that fluffy unicorn, he's so fluffy I'm gonna die!"

Gru looked woozy, then annoyed at the unicorn.

"You gotta let us pay for it!" Margo pleaded, knowing how much it would mean to Agnes if she got to keep the unicorn toy.

"Come on!" Agnes pleaded.

The vendor by the toys was looking around for his next 'victim'.

Gru sighed and went over. "How much for the fluffy unicorn?" He asks.

The vendor chuckled. "Well, it's not for sale. But all ya gotta do is knock down that little spaceship there," he pointed to the tiny spaceship in the game that was seeming to be a difficult TARGET. "It's easy!"

"I'm sure you can do it." Patty whispered to her youngest sister, helping her in the seat to blast spaceship.

Gru paid for them all to have a go. The vendor clicked the button on and allowed the girls to play, looking very bored with them. The girls did their best, they lost the game, but they didn't want to accept it.

"Here, I'll get this one." Patty offered to pay for this round since Gru paid the last time.

Gru somehow wouldn't accept that. He paid for the other round.

The girls played their next round and Agnes cheered as she was able to hit the spaceship, but according to the screen, they still lost.

"What!?" Patty snapped.

Gru looked outraged. "Wh-Wh-What was that?" He asks, sounding annoyed.

"She hit the spaceship, are you blind!?" Patty was angry too.

The vendor smirked at them, then put away his stack of dollar bills. "Hey, let me explain something to you, ya see that little tin spaceship?" he pointed distant to show the ship not knocked over, despite being hit. "Ya see how it's not knocked over? Do you know what that means, Professor and Weird Goth Girl? It means you DON'T GET THE UNICORN!"

Agnes pouted, very disappointed, looking like she was about to cry.

Gru smirked then and paid the man one more time. "Okay... My turn..." he says, before pulling out his laser gun.

Patty was surprised at the gun, but wasn't that scared. As the laser gun was pulled out, Gru shot it against the game, which nearly destroyed it and eventually knocked over the spaceship like in the game rules. The vendor looked a little startled and nervous now for sassing the 'family' earlier.

"Knocked ov~ver~" Gru sing-songs.

The vendor trembled and gave them the unicorn. Patty took it, smiled, then gave it to Agnes, who hugged it tightly.

"IT'S SO FLUFFY!" Agnes was very happy.

Gru chuckled. As the girls didn't seem too bothered with it, he thought that maybe he could keep them.

"Let's go destroy another game!" Edith beamed.

"This has been a great birthday." Patty had a cool smile now.

Gru looked surprised, then gave a nice, but evil grin. "Choose your toy." he tells the girl, one stuffed toy couldn't hurt.

"Really?" Patty looked surprised as his nice gesture.

Gru gave her an amused but also annoyed look. "I'm being nice 'cuz it's your birthday." he says.

"Right..." Patty chuckled a bit, and looked to find an animal that would strike her fancy.

Gru checked his laser. Patty smirked, seeing the most adorable puppy dog ever. She may have been dark, but she always had a soft spot for CUTE AND FLUFFY animals. She even wanted to become a veterinarian when she grew up. Gru was waiting for her choice.

Patty pointed to the shadow black dog she wanted and smiled eagerly, knowing she was going to get it for real now. Gru went to get it FOR HER. Patty grew very excited, and she was starting to have a better appreciation for Gru. Gru got the stuffed dog toy for Patty.

Patty smiled, hugging her dog, feeling like her youngest sister now. "It's so fluffy!"

Margo, Edith, and Agnes laughed at that as they went along to continue their good time before going back HOME.