chapter 3

Patty looked to see where Gru lived. "Hey... Wait a minute, you were that guy who pretended to be a recorded message!"

"Yeah!" Margo agreed as she noticed that.

Agnes and Edith didn't seem to notice or care.

"No... That was someone else." Gru tells them, he then opened the door.

Jane looked a bit annoyed and apprehensive at the same time. Edith looked in awe. Margo and Patty exchanged confused looks together and kept waiting until they were in the house. Agnes looked around curiously. This was the home of a widowed dentist?

Gru took them to the kitchen and laid down some newspaper. He showed them their food, water and 'toilet'. Edith raised an eyebrow and went to explore the kitchen. Jane raised her eyebrow at Gru.

"Can I hold your hand?" Agnes asked Gru.

When Gru declined to her, Patty decided to hold the youngest girl's hand so they could explore and learn the rules of their new home. Edith walked into the living room. Jane followed. Gru introduced them to his 'dog' Kyle. Kyle growled and came for the girls, looking like he wanted to eat them.

"Oh, fluffy doggy!" Agnes beamed, which actually scared away the strange creature. "Aww..."

"I want one." Patty smirked.

Margo looked at Gru in disbelief. "What kind of dog is that?"

"Uh... the best kind there is!" Gru says, to kind of sway them.

Jane looked at Kyle and grinned. "Here Kyle, here boy." she says softly.

Edith saw an Iron Maiden trap and went towards it. Kyle had growling whimpering, but felt calm around Jane. He came to her, shaking a bit, though he still wanted to eat her like she were a treat.

Patty knelt and patted her lap gently. "Come here, doggy..." she said, not as cold as she often was.

"Do you really think this is a place appropriate for little kids?" Margo asked Gru. "Cuz, uhh... It's not..."

Jane gently and slowly reached out a hand and stroked Kyle's head. "Good boy." she coos.

Kyle was a little settled with them. He nearly tried to eat them, but he calmed down.

Gru watched the two with Kyle and then tried to stop Edith. "No, no, no!" He shouts.

The maiden shut itself on Edith and red poured through the bottom. Margo looked to see the red liquid and gasped with fear, then glared at Gru. Jane looked up at the gasp and looked shocked and horrified. Despite her coldness, Patty looked squeamish around the sight of blood.

Gru sighed and turned around. "The plan can work with just four..." he says flippantly.

Edith knocked on the door of the trap. "Hello? It's kinda dark in here." she says.

The door was open and Edith was shown far from the spikes and her straw was in her mouth as her juice had leaked out. Jane looked relieved and was still petting Kyle. Gru looked at Edith and then both sheepish and aloof.

"It poked a hole in my juice box..." Edith says kind of unhappily.

Patty fanned herself and took a deep breath. Edith was alive and safe despite wishes for death when younger, but not actually wanting to die. "Remember, we apparently can't touch anything..." she reminded the younger girls.

"What about the floor?" Margo asked, rather snarky towards Gru.

Agnes smiled as she saw a dog bowl filled with candy, but stayed close with Patty.