chapter 7

Jane was sitting on the front porch humming, and looking distant.

"There's Jane!" Agnes piped up as they rode home.

Patty looked to see too. "Oh, yeah..."

Gru looked confused about her distant happy look. Jane didn't seem to notice the car was back.

Patty came out of the car with the younger girls, holding her new dog. "Jane, you missed it!"

Gru carried most of the stuff.

"Hm?" Jane asks, just coming out of her reverie.

Dr. Nefario was looking at Gru, surprised at his inner party animal breaking out as the girls were hyper and the happiest they had ever been, even next to their adoption.

"Hey... You okay?" Patty seemed to be chipper as well.

"Yes.... I'm glad you had a good time, my day was great." she sighs dreamily.

"What happened?" Patty looked at her, curious, though she had a hunch.

"I spent the day with Vector." Jane says.

"Ooh, lover boy..." Patty rolled her eyes teasingly.

Jane blushed. "And he wants to see me again." she smiles.

"No, you will not be going out to canoodle with that second rate villain!" Gru says.

Patty glanced at Gru, seeing he was suddenly back to how he usually is. "Canoodle?"

Jane looked at him angrily.

"Yes, practically kissing, hugging and other similar things." Gru says.

Patty still rolled her eyes, thinking of a way to get even. She waited until he was out of their sight and would get down to business like Dr. Nefario asked of him to meet in the secret room be forbade the girls from going into. Jane stormed out to climb a tree.

Patty wandered off, then found the telephone. She found a number that had Gru's mother's number on it. She looked to make sure Gru was gone and decided to give the woman a call. Margo watched Patty. Patty talked with the woman who was now technically her grandmother and decided to invite her over, telling the woman she was now a grandmother and she was one of the daughters adopted into the house.

Jane sat in the tree. Agnes ran around happily with her new unicorn and came out to the backyard, nearly screaming with delight. Jane looked at Agnes.

Agnes looked up at Jane, excited over her new toy. "IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!"

Jane giggled softly. "So, it is." she says.

"You should've been there, Jane, it was so cool!" Agnes hugged her toy. "Gru destroyed the games so we could win prizes!"

Jane smiled, though she hid her annoyance about Gru. Agnes was really fond of her new toy and she loved Gru the most, even if he was a little mean to her and her sisters earlier. Jane smiled. She found Agnes adorable.

"I'm sorry, do you want me to give you some privacy?" Agnes asked politely, phasing out of her excitement over her new doll.

Jane looked at her. "No, sweetheart, Ah'm just annoyed by Gru." she says.

"He's nice now though." Agnes prompted.

"I don't like what he said." Jane explains quietly.

"What did he say to you?" Agnes must not had been paying attention to when Jane was speaking about Vector.

"He practically accused me of doing unsightly things." Jane explains.

"I'm sorry..." Agnes cooed.