Chapter 4 - Life is hard, afterlife is harder

A/N: It's me again with another chapter, yay! This one is a little bit shorter than the others. What do you think about it? Do you like the length of the chapters or should they be shorter/longer? Feel free to comment and vote^^

Danny's Pov.

I shake my head as if that would shake the memories of this place away and phase through the ceiling. On the rooftop stands Skulker, his Armor has a big Dent and his left Arm looks broken.

"I... I'm sorry for what happened. When we're back I will help you to repair your Armor, okay?"

"It's okay my King. It was getting old anyway. Why did it take you so long to get here?" He looks at me questioningly.

"Uh... I just forgot the way up here." I lie, scratching the back of my head.

"Let's go back, Technus should be done by now." I change the subject and fly off the roof. Skulker follows me silently and under us are Jack and Maddie, pointing a Fenton Bazooka at us but we fly faster than they can shoot. I only hear Jack screaming something like:

"Come back here, Ghost scum, I want to rip you apart molecule by molecule!"

A cold shiver crawls down my spine as I hear these words. If they knew who they are talking to...

Skulker and I phase through the floor and into the Fenton lab where Technus still inspects the new Specter Speeder.

"Are you ready? We need to go back now." I say and Technus turns to us.

"Okay, I'll explain everything right after we're back."

We all walk through the Portal again that Wulf opened for us and it closes behind me. We're back in the conference room.

"So? What did you find out?" I ask Technus who smiles wide and starts explaining. Pandora came to us now too, sits down, and silently listens to what Technus has to say.

"Well... this Specter Speeder is big enough to transport about 14 People. It has a Ghost shield and various types of Ghost weapons, most of them are like the old ones but much more advanced. Oh, and there is a restroom." He grins wide as he ends his surprisingly short speech and I nod slightly.

"What are they planning?" I mutter to myself, thinking about what they could possibly want to do. The others seem to think the same.

"Maybe they work for the Guys In White and prepare a trip here?" Pandora says after being silent for a while.

"Mh.. maybe, but I don't think they would work for them. However, we need to prepare for everything that could happen. Pandora, are the guards ready?" I ask her and she nods.

"Yes, they are. Should we tell Frostbite about this?" I think about it for a moment.

"I will go and talk to him personally, don't worry about that. Thanks for your help, you all may leave now." I say to everyone and Technus, Wulf and Skulker leave the room after a short goodbye.

Pandora seems to think about something but stands up after that.

"Is everything alright?" I ask her and she suddenly pulls me in a tight hug.

"Yes. I just wanted to say that I am so proud of you. You're doing your job good, okay?" She whispers and smiles at me.

"Thank you pandora. I couldn't do this without your help." I say, smiling back. Weird, I thought there was something else she wanted to tell me.

"I have to go now, I need to talk to the guards again. See you later." She says before she also leaves the room.

Just as the door closes, I lean against the table and sigh exhausted. It's hard to be a King. But it was harder to be a hero. I can do this, I went through much worse than this. When I think about it, it's actually really cool being a king.
After one year it has become easier for me to make decisions and to lead others. When I was the Hero of Amity Park, I was always alone. I couldn't talk to anybody. Some people hated me, some people adored me but no one knew how hard it was to hide my secret from everyone, especially my parents. It was so hard to have a normal life and save the City. I lived in fear just thinking about what would happen if anyone found out about me being a halfa. Can you even call this "living"?
Here in the Ghost Zone things are much easier. Many people care about me and I can tell my friends here everything. I finally have some free time, I don't have to worry about any secrets. The Ghosts trust me. I am more than happy that they accept me as their King. But I still have many duties, I have to keep the Ghosts under control. All this planning and leading can be exhausting too, and I sometimes miss being a hero. It was cool to fight the bad guys, protecting others. But I still can protect my people and the humans in Amity saw me as the bad guy too. I don't need to protect them anymore.