Chapter 14 - Tiempo Fantomo

A/N: Helloooo there, guess who's back!^^ I luckily made it this Monday, just as I told you guys on my profile. I announce some things there, so if you haven't already, feel free to check it out and follow me if you want to :D
I hope you like this chapter, I try to get forward with the story but I also don't want to rush anything, how do you like the pacing so far?^^"
Vote and comment if you want to, it really gives me motivation ^^

Danny's pov.

"I have to go now, but my friend here will care for you. I'll see you later!" I say and fly off, leaving Skulker and the class behind.

I'm sure he can handle this. Even though he seems all big and strong, he has a soft heart and he will protect them if he has to.  Besides, everyone who has to know it knows about the situation already.

I had to leave so quickly because Frostbite said there was a problem with Wulf. I hope it's not that bad, or that we at least can help him. Wulf is tough, but who knows what happened to him? I am really worried so I speed through the Ghost Zone as fast as I can.

I was quite surprised when Dash started to ask questions, but that was probably predictable. They saw me as a hero back then and I just disappeared for a whole year and now they meet me out of nowhere in the Ghost Zone.

"Oh, the Great One. You're here. Thanks for coming, please follow me." Frostbite greets me with a brief smile.

"Hey, Frostbite. Do you know what happened?" I ask as I follow him.

"Sadly, I don't, but we think the cause for his bad condition are Blood Blossoms." He answers and I flinch. These Flowers are from Hell. They practically burn Ghosts when a Ghost is near and they also make us Powerless. I once had the pleasure to feel the effects of these Flowers by myself and it was horrible.

"Can we help him?" I ask concerned and Frostbite opens a door. I walk into the room and see Wulf laying on a bed, some of Frostbite's doctor yetis stand in the room too.

"I'm sure we can. We just have to find out how." I look down at Wulf. He looks like he is still in pain. But how? Bloodblossoms only work when they are near a Ghost, but here aren't any.

"Why is he still in pain? That doesn't make sense." I begin and Frostbite nods while looking down to Wulf who squirms slightly.

"It's okay, Wulf. We're going to help you." I whisper softly and pet him between his ears.

"We believe he had contact with a new kind of Blood Blossoms."

"There are different kinds of those Hell flowers?" I ask shocked and Frostbite rubs his chin.

"We don't know for sure, but that seems to be the only logical thing."

"We have to find that out as fast as possible. Could you please continue your research? I'll try to find out who did this to you, Wulf."

"Tempa... Fantomo" He mutters and I try to translate his words. He speaks Esperanto again, probably because he doesn't have the energy to find the right words in my language right now.

"Tempa... Fantomo... Tempa.. Time... Ohh! Time Ghost! Of course, Clockwork can help! I'm on my way, I'll hurry!" I say a brief bye to Frostbite before I leave the room again. 

*

"Clockwork? I need your help!" I Say as I enter his lair.

"I know Daniel. But I can't tell you now." I stop and look at him in disbelieve.

"What? Why not? Wulf is in danger, he needs my help!"

"I think you already understood that time is a tricky thing, right? If I tell you what to do, everything is going to change and I can assure you that you'll be happier if I don't tell you." I sigh. Clockwork is right. I have to find out by myself what happened. Even if that will be a challenge, I said I will help him and I won't break my promise. I am King of the Ghost Zone, it's my duty to protect him. I can't always run to Clockwork like a helpless little kid.

"The Humans might be able to help." I hear Clockwork saying parenthetically.

"Thanks, Father." I say smiling and make my way back to the exit.

"It's my pleasure, my son."

Flashback 1 and a half years ago

"Why are you here Daniel?" The Father of Time asked the Teen, without looking at him.

"Why do you ask? You already know what I want here." Danny answered annoyed because he thought he could sneak in without the Master of Time noticing it. But of course, Clockwork noticed it, he knew this would happen even before Danny thought about coming here.

"Yes, I know what you want here. But I would like to hear the answer from you personally."

"I... I just felt alone and I didn't want to bother Ember this late." Danny said after a hesitant pause.

"You should sleep too." Then Clockwork looked at the young Halfa with a nearly concerned look.

"I don't have time for that. I just wanted to finish my homework without my annoying parents or Jazz coming in." Danny muttered and took some books out of his bag.

"You can do your Homework later, now rest a little." Clockwork said and handed Danny a Time Medallion.

"Clockwork, please. I came here to study in peace, not to hear a lecture about sleep and that I should get my life together." Danny groaned but took the Time Medallion anyway.

"As I said, you can do your homework later. But now you should rest a little." Danny sighed and put the book aside.

"Time out!" Was the last thing he heard from Clockwork before he fell asleep on the floor. Clockwork sighed and laid Danny on a couch where he could sleep well.

"You shouldn't stress yourself like that... now sleep tight." He whispered. He didn't want to wake Danny up, now that he was asleep. It really was a miracle what a single 14-year-old boy could do with him. Clockwork never got so close to others in his whole existence but Danny really changed his life. Clockwork even met other Ghosts just to drink tea and have a chat. Without Danny, he would still stay all alone in his lair and watch how time flies. He was about to go back to his screens but stopped when he heard Danny muttering something in his sleep that he never said before.

"Thank you, dad"