[13]

"Chan hyung- Wait- I-"

"He says he needs to go... So, let him go..."

"But, Chan hyung is-"

"Let him go, Jisung."

Minho was still facing the path Chan chose to go. He never let his attack mode relax. The undercover agent was still furrowing his eyebrows and clenching his fists. It looked as if he was ready to protect someone.

As if this person was in sheer danger.

On the other hand, the supposed person in danger, in this case, Jisung, was clueless about everything unfolding right in front of him.

Apparently, and thank God, he didn't grasp anything that Minho and Chan said to each other. He also didn't witness the stern looks these guys shot the other, much less see how Chan's eyes were about to turn gray.

One cannot say if missing these situations completely is a good thing or a bad thing, to be honest.

"Minho..."

The blue-haired boy wanted answers, and Minho was not providing them. He called his roommate's name repeatedly, but there was no reply.

Jisung looked down at his injured hand. He paid special attention to his finger and saw that this one was no longer bleeding. There was just a small drop of blood that the older one couldn't clean with his mouth because Minho interrupted the gentle action.

He lifted his hand and placed the finger inside his mouth. This one, then, turned back to see Minho, the one who was still giving him the back, and did not notice this scene.

Minho's shoulder was tapped along with an inquiry, "...why did you push and got mad at Chan hyung? I don't get it..."

There was a silence afterward. No answer was heard.

He insisted, "Minho-"

But he was cut out at once. "Tsk..." Out of nowhere, Minho sucked his teeth.

He didn't suck his teeth at Jisung's question. He was clearly not paying attention to the guy behind him, but to the situation that just happened and the one that was about to happen as well.

But that is something that Jisung couldn't know. So, the face of this one turned complicated after being shut up.

No one can blame him, though.

But also, no one can blame Minho.

The thoughts that are crossing the mind of the undercover agent are things that Jisung wouldn't be able to understand.

In fact, Minho has been so focused on Chan that he hasn't noticed that he gave Jisung the command of not following the older one.

What he just discovered is related to his mission. The important mission Sr. Geon had entrusted him.

If Minho had in the beginning 1% of doubt about existing a guy being exactly like him, with what just happened, that 1% of doubtless completely vanished in thin air.

But that information was irrelevant at this point. What worried Minho the most was the actions he had taken.

What Sr. Geon planned in his head for this mission is not even close to what Minho is doing. He opened a fissure in the non-existent friendship between Chan and him. One friendship that should have developed from day one.

Minho has been befriending someone, but someone that is not related to his mission.

How could he explain that to Sr. Geon or Jean?