Good Friend

Ch.4

School has been going great! College was in by no means easy, but you were just happy where you were in life now. Finally away from annoying fake girls and at least there were no boys shoving love letters into your hands. That was relieving! You were never really interested in dating anyway. Not when every boy you've met has been interested in your family's wealth. They saw the Kang name and that was it. You suppose this was the one good thing about having a father and a brother. You grew up knowing men were disappointing. Mansu was good though!

He was shaking when driving you to your college today. Maybe because you were yelling at your phone. Could you be blamed though? You were watching the latest runway from Dior. What was even going on over there? Maria Grazia was just constantly disappointing you if you were being honest. While some designs were done well and you could see the potential, she frustrated you to another level. You were ranting about it to Mansu about how you would fight her yourself. Fortunately for him, you had to cut the battle scene and head to class.

You thanked Mansu sweetly for bringing you to FIT. He only nodded, worried that one day you might strangle him instead of a creative director from a famous house. He didn't need to worry about that though! You needed someone to drive you around and hurting him wouldn't stop Grazia from making an embarrassment of herself. But basically, your first week at FIT has been great. Classes seemed okay so far and the people were nice! You were already making some friends in your History of Fashion class which was so exciting!

It happened out of nowhere! You just took a seat in the class and the girl next to you asked to borrow a pen. Next thing you know, her and other girls were asking about your clothes. They were so shocked to see authentic brands in the flesh. They weren't knock offs which made you laugh. You had no problem letting them examine your Bally bag. It may not be one of the most known brands, but you felt the Swiss fashion house really knew what it was doing when it came to bags and accessories. The girls couldn't help but agree when passing your bag around.

Next thing you know, they were talking with you outside of class. Even on the days you didn't share class with them. They were exactly like you in the sense that they understood the fashion world. Finally! No longer did you have to put up with boring girls. They could keep up with everything you had to say. You even showed them your Instagram. Right away, they were pulling out their phones to follow you. It was so exciting to see them actually appreciate the work that you put into every outfit. It was nice having them acknowledge your skills rather than your face.

"Charles Frederick Worth ambitiously moved to France to work as a sales assistant. Everyone famously knows that he went with only £5 in his pocket. There he met his wife, Marie Vernet." The professor was going through the slides he had prepared. While his lectures were boring and dragged on, you did appreciate the information you learned. You were writing down what you felt was important even though he did email the PowerPoint to everyone already. "He soon partnered with Otto Gustaf Bobergh to create Worth & Bobergh."

The other girls next to you occasionally glanced at their phones. They weren't as invested which you could understand. The voice of the professor was pretty monotone. However, you thought it was cute that Worth's wife was considered one of the first ever models. He had her model in the dresses that he created. That's so cute! You made sure to write that down, doodling a few hearts. Eventually Worth separated from Bobergh to establish House of Worth. Not only was Worth the first to sew in a brand label inside his clothes, but he was the first to have his clothes modelled on actual people rather than mannequins. He was quite the genius, wasn't he? You made sure to doodle a brain. He put on the first ever fashion show so that was very impressive.

"His designs got the attention of Empress Eugenie of France. He became her official dressmaker." The professor used his laser pointer to show the few paintings he had on the screen. You smiled as you twirled your pen in your fingers. Even if Worth's designs were considered outdated, they were still gorgeous and elegant in your eyes. Resting your chin in the palm of your hand, you remained attentive for the rest of the class.