Smile

[Left to right: Eunhyuk, Donghae, Yesung]

(Warning: This chapter contains content that may be triggering and/or sensitive.)

Ch.11

What was he thinking yesterday? Hoseok couldn't stop replaying what happened between you and him last night. It was haunting him while he ate dinner with his mother, when he was trying to study for class, and when he was trying to sleep. He just kept thinking about the words that slipped out of his mouth. Where the hell did they come from? He couldn't understand the confidence behind them. They definitely came out because he's stupid. Hoseok wanted to hit his head, mentally scolding himself for getting way too brave. Who did he think he was? A male lead in a drama?

No, he wasn't! So what was with the whole 'if you keep saying things casually like that then I might fall for you' business? Hoseok could feel his soul getting sucked out of his body. You just looked so pretty in his eyes and he was happy to be holding you so close. Hoseok was feeling a lot of things in that moment! It was just that moment that got him all messed up. That's it. That's totally it. Except it wasn't just him guilty of the flirting. Oh no, Hoseok hardly flirted with you. When he did, it was subtle and he always felt like it went over your head. Unless it was straight forward like you then you wouldn't notice.

Kang (F/n). The girl who threw Hoseok's world upside down. You were the one who was so painfully blunt! How did you do it? Because seriously, with every flirt that you threw in Hoseok's direction, he could feel his heart getting closer to bursting! His entire body would get swallowed up in flames. You were so adamant about him being handsome and charming which he didn't know what to think of. That's something he couldn't understand in the slightest. It's not like Hoseok grew up hearing that often by the people around him. He was more familiar with the opposite. Ironically enough, his 'first interaction' with you was thinking that you compared him to a horse.

Of course, Hoseok wasn't confident with his looks. It was always just his parents complimenting him and it's basically they're job to do so. Hoseok never got called handsome by other girls growing up. Boys in his grade would always tease him. At least I'm not Hoseok is what they would say. Hoseok always took it as guys sh*tting on each other. If they jabbed at him, he jabbed back. But Hoseok would be lying if he said it didn't sting. It seemed to occur more often as he grew older.

Guys were competitive over girls enough to throw him under the bus and girls would always snicker when looking at Hoseok. They would be huddled in the corner, staring at him thinking they were being secretive. Then when he did look over at them, the girls looked away and laughed. The worst was when he would see a group of girls close to approaching him. They would be pushing one girl in particular in Hoseok's direction who very clearly didn't want to be near him. They would never go through with it, but it made Hoseok feel like sh*t. He's a person too. They just seemed to forget that when it came to him. So when the incident before graduation happened, Hoseok wasn't surprised.

It hurt having it be in front of his entire grade, but at least he was graduating. He didn't even really know you back then. Back in high school, Hoseok just knew you as the richest girl at school. He knew your last name better than your face. Meeting you again at FIT was a total surprise to him and he welcomed it. Hoseok never would have thought you would want to be friends with him. You're genuine with him, embarrassingly honest, and incredibly sweet. You're also beautiful. To Hoseok, you take his breath away with a smile. So when you call him handsome or dote on him or when you say things about falling for him...he can't even describe it.

"I think Hoseok is broken," Donghae whispered.

"Eh, Hoseok is like that." Eunhyuk brushed off the concern.