Sacrifices

Ch.5

Hoseok and you are friends now! Sort of. You weren't exactly sure what was going on if you were being honest. When he agreed to being your friend, it felt like he kind of said it just to be nice. He let you sit next to him during class although he didn't talk to you a lot. That didn't bother you too much seeing as how the both of you were here to learn. You focused on doing your own work. It wasn't too bad except you were shocked when Hoseok said goodbye to you and walked out of class like it was nothing. Does being friends mean nothing to him!?

You really weren't sure what was going on. Was he not used to friends like you? Even so, you could have sworn friends talked to each other a little more. What was going on? Hoseok kept interactions with you minimal in the two classes you shared today. After he tried to so hard to chase you last time? He also told you it was nice seeing a familiar face. Maybe he was lying. The idea immediately put you in a gloomy mood. Perhaps you got a little too ahead of yourself with this friendship idea. You just didn't want to be alone.

Mansu opened the car door for you. Something you usually told him was unnecessary, but you were grateful for it today. The weight of your books were heavy enough. As soon as you were inside, you dropped your books and began to whine to Mansu. What were you doing wrong? Why were you so unlucky with making friends? They were either fake or didn't want to spend time with you at all. Mansu listened to you though he was on edge as ever. Your extreme mood swings would never let him relax. You're not going to hurt him! What does he not get?

"Mansu, if you keep trembling, I swear to god!" You pounded your fist against the leather seats. He jumped, stiff as he held the steering wheel tighter.

"I apologize, Miss!"

"Forget it..." You sank in your seat.

What was so wrong with you? Sure, you could come off a little strong. It's not like being quiet would do you any good at home. You did your best not to be a doormat to your family. Sometimes they still got away with pushing you over and as irritating as it was, you had to tolerate it when times called for it. If you didn't play your cards right then it could easily be over for you. Not just going to FIT, but the ability to spend money. It's not like you had a choice in who you married. If Father desired, he would take a lot more from you just to make you understand.

Maybe your behavior was too much for regular people. A lot of how you acted was to survive and at the same time...you just wanted the freedom to act like yourself. Not worrying about acting like a Kang. You just want to be yourself. You have a strong personality and that won't really change, but you suppose it wouldn't hurt to dial it down. Did you want to though? This wasn't fair! You groaned, frustrated on what the hell you had to do. Making friends was a lot harder than it looked. Still, you weren't going to give up on Hoseok. He's going to be your friend!

The thing was, you really didn't want Hoseok to turn into your other friends. They came from money too though they loved putting everything on your card. Looking back, it was pretty obvious that they were using you. You put up with a lot of it just so you wouldn't be lonely. It definitely wasn't worth it now though. That's why you had to be careful around Hoseok and especially since he was poor. You've seen from movies that they can get greedy when they're exposed to wealth. Sometimes they out right hate the rich. Was that why Hoseok was avoiding you?

Whatever the case was for Hoseok, you were going to show him that you weren't a bad person. That's why you're going to do what you do best and that's making clothes! The thing was that Hoseok had a certain taste in fashion. At least he was specific on what he put on himself and you wanted to make sure you gifted him something he would wear. None of the fabrics you owned were speaking to you. That was until you remembered the hideous bed sheet in the guest room. They were light and a bit faded from how old fashioned they were. Even though you thought it was ugly, you could make a nice simple shirt that Hoseok would hopefully like!