Just Say The Word

(WARNING: Mentions of sexual assault)

Ch.8

Sometimes you're good at acting like everything is okay. It takes mastering to trick the cameras after all. With just one photo taken at any second, you were raised to be alert. Aside from business events, this skill comes in handy when going out in public. You were able to pass off as feeling alright in high school. Now that you're in college, you're putting in a little more effort to make it look like you're doing great. Everything was fine! Though as much as you did smile and did your best to act like you were having fun, one person wasn't being fooled.

Did you think you were tricking Hoseok? To be honest, you weren't that focused on making him believe you were doing alright. As long as everyone else thought that everything was normal with you. From afar, that certainly looked like the case. When they didn't know you then it was easy to pass by you without a second thought. It was a little different for Hoseok who got to sit next to you and talk to you. He took notice of how quiet you were in comparison to how you usually act. Suddenly, the Kang (F/n) he knew who could ramble on for days would hardly say a word.

When he subtly asked how you were doing, it ended with a regular 'good'. That's never how you answered in the few weeks he knew you. Hoseok was waiting for you to start telling him every detail of your morning. Where were the complaints about runway shows? The mentions of the twitter arguments you would get into with creative directors? That all seemed to vanish as you gave him a forced smile. At first Hoseok didn't want to pry. If you were being vague and quiet, it had to be for a reason. He was going to respect it and leave it to you to handle. However, the silence was going for a little too long for his tastes.

Hoseok could feel himself going mad. He could be a talkative person himself and having you not utter a single word made him feel deprived. He was having conversations all on his own while you walked with him. It easily began to bother the male. What was wrong? It was something you felt like you couldn't talk about with him or at least that's what it felt like. Hoseok did question if he himself was the problem except he knew you would have told him that to his face if that were true. Hoseok even showed you a picture of himself, commenting about how unattractive he looked and immediately got threatened. Even in your mysterious state, you refused to hear Hoseok talk badly about himself.

If he wasn't the problem then what could be the case? This was more than just simple curiosity. Hoseok was worried for you. Whatever was going on, he would hope that you could confide in him. That's what this whole friendship thing is about. It comes with those perks and he wanted you to take advantage of them. He was all ears, but you didn't feel comfortable revealing so much. If you told him one thing then you had to explain and tell him another. There was so much to tell that it was better off keeping quiet. That was until you didn't eat a single fry.

"Why aren't you eating?" Hoseok held out his fries to you. He was waiting for you to take one and nibble on it cutely, but you only shook your head. Hoseok could tolerate the silence, but if you weren't eating then he really had problems with this. Right away, he stopped walking and lowered his fries. "Kang (F/n), what's going on?"

"Hm?" You turned to face him in surprise. Truthfully, you were in your own mind when you were walking alongside Hoseok. You didn't even realize that you guys were so far away from the main buildings on campus. The two of you were by the edge of campus near all the trees and flowers.

"What's going on, (F/n)? I'm being serious," Hoseok said. Your grip tightened on the chain handle of your purse as you gave him a small smile. "You're not talking as much, you're always out of it, and I'm worried you're not eating as much as you should. It's really bugging me if something's wrong and I don't want to keep ignoring it...please tell me the truth."