Love Exists

(A/n: I really wanted to write this since it gave a good understanding of Kyunghwan. It explains his character well for why he is the way he is in the story. It's important to me so I hope you all read it! But it does go through everything in his perspective so all the emotional, verbal, mental abuse Kyunghwan went through is shown and the mention of sexual assault Reader experienced on her first date.)

Brother Bonus

Kyunghwan's POV

Father came from a wealthy family. They were always well off, but the hotel business was what brought the Kang family to the top. Grandmother died when Father was young so all he had was his Grandfather who started the hotel business shortly after her death. From there, Father was raised to take over the business. It was an exciting honor and it came with plenty of benefits. What was there to disagree with? Father had taken the challenge on willingly by the time his own father had to step down as CEO. And by then, Grandfather's only wish was for Father to get married.

That's when he met Mom.

Mom didn't come from an extremely wealthy family. She was just upper-middle class at best. She got good grades and was the top of her class when graduating college. She majored in business much against her own family's wishes. They never stopped her, but they clearly preferred the idea of her settling down with a nice man who would take care of her and have a family. While that was nice and all, she wanted more too. She always did.

Things were harder back then though. Her own father kept trying to introduce her to the sons of all his friends. None of them ever caught her eye until she met Father. A new CEO who had a sharp mind and strong wit. It was hard for her to deny that he was interesting. A lot more interesting than the men she's met in the past. It didn't take long for their parents to arrange a marriage only after two dates. Mom figured this would happen, but ultimately didn't hate it. She liked Father enough to continue with the marriage.

Did she ever fully love him? I like to think so. Father obviously loved her. The marriage may have been arranged, but he fell for her harder than he should have. And with this new marriage came their first child. The eldest son and heir to the Kang Hotels. I could barely hold my head up on my own yet I already owned more than most from the moment they're born. I was named Kyunghwan and I was primarily raised by Mom. I remember her most when I was younger. Father tended to be busy with the company, so I had Mom.

"More." I stared up at her from my bed. I was so young then, pleading for another book to be read to me. Mom had closed the book as she placed it to the side.

"It's already time to sleep, Baby." Mom brought her hand up to my cheek. She stroked my chubby face, admiring how I looked. She would always stare at me for a long time after reading me a story. "Your Appa is going to be home soon. We both have a surprise for you."

"Hm?" I tilted my head at this. Was I getting another toy?

Mom didn't say anything more about it. She just continued to caress my cheek and occasionally pet my head. She treated me affectionately all the time. It was hard not to love Mom. She gave me a kiss on the side of my head by the time Father finally arrived. He was in a suit like I always saw him in. I was going over my bedtime for whatever surprise they had for me. It had to be good! I was looking forward to it as I sat up excitedly in bed. Father smiled to see me, chuckling as he walked over. He placed a hand on Mom's shoulder as she took in a deep breath.

"Kyunghwan, I'm going to have another baby. Do you know what that means? You're going to be a big brother." Mom smiled softly. I only blinked at her as they both chuckled. I sort of got the gist of it and at the same time, I didn't. This hadn't been the surprise I was hoping for.