Chapter 8

Raven clutched onto Dexter as the paramedics lifted Apple up onto the gourney. Nearly everyone in the entire school heard about the fall. Raven cried into his shoulder. He couldn't bear to watch.
"Raven, it's not your fault."
"Yes it is, Dexter. It's all my fault."
"She made her own desicion. It wasn't a very smart one, but..."
Raven looked up at Dexter with her puffy eyes.
"Everything will be fine. I promise."
Dexter lowered his lips to Raven's.
"Dexter!" Shouted a high voice.
It was Blondie. "I need you for my MirrorCast! We need to be on NOW!"
"Uh, my MirrorPad is back in my dorm."
"I've got mine right here! Come on start shooting."
Dexter straightened his glasses and walked over to grab the tablet.
Raven stood behind, rubbing her arms.
"Rolling!"
"Hello, my fairytale friends! It is a very sad time right now. Apple White has fallen off the railing of that balcony-" Dexter pointed the camera to the balcony "-and is on her way to the hospital as we speak. Let's all pray that she'll be okay. But before we go, we all know who is responsible for her death."
Raven raised her eyebrows.
"Her! Raven Queen!" Blondie pointed dead at her. Several gasps broke out.
"What? No!" Raven said.
Blondie tapped at her Mirror Pad. "Oh yeah, then why did you say this?"
A played back recording of Raven and Dexter's conversation played. "Yes it is, Dexter. It's all. My fault." She stopped the recording.
"That doesn't prove anything." Raven said. Her hair was starting to ignite with purple flame.
"Ladies and gentlemen, she is the one who killed Apple! Ever since Legacy Day, she has been infuriated by how she just HAD to poison her to have a terrible future in Mirror Prison. But that was where Raven drew the line. I'm order to get the destiny she wanted, she pushed Apple off the balcony."
Raven's hair burst into flames. "THAT IS NOT TRUE!" Blondie continued on. "And she also did it so no one would rap on her for being with Dexter!"
Raven couldn't hold it in anymore. She closed her eyes and raised her arms. A streak of purple magic was about to hit Blondie.
Dexter dropped Blondie's MirrorPad and jumped in front of her. The magic struck him in the chest.
Raven gasped. "DEXTER!" She ran over to him. His eyes were closed.
"Dexter... Please say something."
Dexter blinked, slowly opening his eyes. "Augh... I'm okay." He sat up. By the time Raven looked up, Blondie was already gone. Dexter's phone rang.
"Hello?"
It was Briar. "Dexter! I'm at the hospital."
"Oh, um alright."
"Apple is alive."