The Love Mission

Cupid tip-toed to the entrance of the west balcony. Dexter was sitting there reading the forbidden book. Her bow was loaded and ready to shoot. She made sure no one was around and drew her bow.

Cupid had thought long and hard about this. She loved Dexter with all her true heart, but she knew his heart was for Raven. She had to help people find love, not take it away from them. But she was desperate. She knew it was wrong but she wanted love. Even if it meant cheating.

She aimed and released. She closed her eyes as the love arrow struck Dexter's back. "AGH!" he cried as he fell to the ground. Cupid slid her bow and arrows behing the corner of the entrance and raced over to Dexter. He groaned as Cupid kneeled down beside him.

His eyes fluttered, then opened slowly. "Cupid?" he asked. She put a hand on his back and frowned.

Dexter smiled sweetly. "My sweet, sweet Cupid." He got up and sat next to Cupid. "I mean, um... you're sweet. And pretty. Would you um... would you like to go to dinner with me sometime?

Cupid's stomach was doing flip-flops. She couldn't believe what had just happened. She smiled widely, almost as big as Kitty Cheshire.

She stared deeply into Dexter's eyes. Oh, how blue and sparkly they were. They were beautiful enough to hypnotize the fairest of them all. They were nothing compared to-

"Cupid?" Dexter nervously smiled.

Cupid embraced Dexter tightly and said, "Yes."

***********************************************************

Cupid twirled around. "What do you think, Blondie?" Cupid was so excited for her date she scheduled it for that night. She was wearing a strapless dress with a knee-high skirt and fishnets. Her hair was styled in a side ponytail and on her feet were pink flats from Ashylnn Ella's store, The Glass Slipper.

Blondie was uploading her latest vlog onto her MyChapter page and nearly dropped her MirrorPad when she saw Cupid. "That... that... is just RIGHT!" Blondie rushed over to her and held up her tablet. "I've gotta take a pic!"

Cupid pushed down her tablet. "Look Blondie, I don't want everyone in the school to know I'm going on a date! It's just not right."

Blondie nodded. "Oh, the irony. Well, you'd better get going. Don't wanna miss your date."

Cupid glanced at the clock. Their date was at 7:00, located at Maddie's tea shop. Maddie had reluctantly toned down all the wonder at her shop and closed it early for a private party.

"Thanks Blondie! You're the best! Cupid rushed out the dorm room's doors.

******************************************

Dexter was walking down the halls of his dorm. He past Raven who was reading a book.

"Hey, Dex!" Raven called, running up to him. "Hey Raven!" he said confidently. "What's up?" Raven laughed. "Wow. You usually seem so nervous around me.

"Anyways, um, I don't have anything to do on Saturday and I was wondering if you wanted to um... have a picnic in the forest. Like, on a date..."

Raven put her hands behind her back and looked down.

Dexter straightened this glasses. "Um.. how do I say this?" Raven looked up in concern. "I don't... I don't really... like like you."

Raven took a deep breath, wanted to kick herself. "Oh, well okay then. Sorry." Raven spun around and walked away quickly with tears in her eyes.

Dexter shrugged and continued his route to Maddie's tea shop.