Chapter 5

Raven sniffled as she pulled the last tissue out of the tissue box. Apple was out with Briar and. Maddie had been waiting there to see the results of Raven asking Dexter out.
"I don't understand," Maddie said. "I was sure he liked you. He would always gaze at you and talk about how pretty you were."
Raven wiped her puffy eyes. "It doesn't matter now. I missed my chance." Maddie jumped up. "Raven, you sound like a quitter. Who kept working hard even when things were tough?"
Raven blew her nose. "Apple?" Maddie pointed at Raven.

"You! Who kept trying to rewrite their destiny even though they were told not to?"
"Me."
"Who kept looking for the Storybook of Legends to save her friends?"
"I did."
"Who kept trying to show some good when thought of as evil?"
"Me!"
"So who's gonna try to get Dexter back?!"
"I am!"
"Who's a winner?!!"
"I'm a winner!!"
"WHO'S A WINNER?!!"
"I'M A WINNER!!!!"
Maddie fell on the bed. "Okay," she said raspily. "Let's watch Blondie's vlog." Maddie turned on her MirrorPhone and went to her blog.

"Can you believe it fairy tales? C.A. Cupid and Dexter Charming are officially a couple will-"
Maddie shut off her MirrorPhone and threw it across the room.
"Um, Raven? You okay?"
Raven's hair shimmered, then sparked into a purple flame. She was mad.
(Sorry it's so short! I just can't write but I don't wanna keep you guys waiting.)