What the hex?

"Raven, were you kissing him?"
Raven turned around. Dexter straightened his glasses and stiffened.
"Dexter, you know better than this! I-I...you... Just... Agh!"
Raven got up and walked to Apple. "Apple, please, just let me-"
Apple cut her off. "No, Raven! Why did you do this to me?!" Raven sighed. "We really like each other!" Apple couldn't stand to hear it.
Tears were filling up in her eyes. Her mascara was running. So was she.
Apple ran all the way down to the west balcony. She walked to the gates and looked down. It was a 30 foot drop.
"Dexter, I have to go follow her." Dexter walked up to her. "I'll come with you."
Raven stopped him. "No, stay. I'll handle this."
Raven ran down the hallway, looking in the doors until she reached the balcony. She saw Apple standing on top of the gate with her hands stretched out to her sides.
"Apple, NO!"
Raven reached Apple just in time to grab her hand.
"What the hell are you doing Apple!"
Apple was bawling her eyes out. "What is the point of trying to live a life that went off track! I might as well just give up now. Things have gone beyond my control!"
Raven was tearing up. "Apple, you have so much to live for! The people need you! Without you, this school would be chaos! You keep everything in-"
"Is that how you see me? Just a royal b**ch who keeps everything in line? Deep down, Raven, I'm under 10 tons of pressure right now. And now that you and Dexter like each other, that pressure has crushed me!"
Raven was struggling to hold on. Apple was not giving any effort to hold on.
"Apple, please, you can't do this to me!"
"Trust me, you're better without me. And one more thing before I go."
"Don't say that. You're not leaving."
"I never liked Daring. I actually liked Humphrey."
Raven lost her grip. Apple fell.
"APPLE!!!!" Raven screamed at the top of her lungs. She covered her eyes as she struck the ground. Soon Dexter was beside her. "Raven! Where's Apple?!" he said with a startled voice.
Raven was bawling. She hugged him and said, "She jumped. She killed herself."
"What?!"
A pool of blood now surrounded Apple.