Chapter 1: Percy!!!

Hi guys! Quick author's note: This is my first fanfic, so please be nice! Also, since the title is kinda vague just letting you know this is a mortals meet Percabeth, cliche I know, but with a twist. Can't wait!!! Comment/vote, please!

Annabeth Chase's POV (4th-period class-after lunch):

I can't wait! Percy is finally coming to my mortal school this year! He left Goode High to be with me. He is such a Seaweed Brain, but he's my Seaweed Brain, and that's all that mattered. (A/N: CRINGE also Poseidon and Athena: Oh hell naw-)

Okay, now I'm getting off-topic and completely distracted, instead of listening to my math teacher, Ms. Lee. She's okay, partly because I know she's not a monster. She was saying something about calculus or whatever, but I didn't really care about schoolwork just this once. I should be paying attention, but I just can't stop thinking about Percy. The problem is I don't know how to introduce him to my friends. The plan right now is to find them at lunch and tell them my friend is coming to school tomorrow for the year. Percy and I both agreed he couldn't just show up as my boyfriend, so we're leaving the backstory at this: We met at summer camp when we were twelve, and we've been really good friends since. I think it'll be good enough for them; they're mortal after all. 

--------------- time skip ----------------

Ring-ring-ring!!!

Finally, we're done learning math. That period felt like an eternity, but now it's time for lunch. I took a deep breath, It's okay, Annabeth, they'll love him, I told myself. But I was so nervous that it didn't help to say that. I actually had a decent friend group here, especially considering that a monster attack manipulated by the Mist hasn't convinced them I'm a crazy person. 

I gathered my books and walked off as quickly as Ms. Lee could say "You're dismissed". I dashed down six hallways, ran all the way through our school's football field, and finally got to the front of the building. There I saw a familiar car; I knew immediately that it belonged to Sally Jackson, Percy's mom. 

Sally was like my mom, especially because Athena is obviously too busy with 'goddess things' to care for her kids. I don't have anything against her, but sometimes I need someone to talk to besides Percy and my camp friends. And she was always there for me. In fact, she even told me I could live with her and Percy for the rest of the year, and then head to camp together. Of course, I accepted, but I couldn't do that without a thank you, so I took Sally, Paul, and Percy back up to Montauk, because I knew how much they loved it there. Sally was so grateful and acted like I didn't owe this to her. She was too nice for her own good. 

Ugh, I got sidetracked again. It's the ADHD, sorry! I ran up to the car and saw a very overexcited Percy practically jumping out of the car. I ran to him and immediately hugged him tightly. I didn't let go until I could barely breathe because we were holding on so tightly. When we broke the very long hug, Percy looked sad. I know he wanted a kiss, so all I said was we had to keep our cover as 'friends'. 

"You know that my friends can't know about us, Percy. Please. Restrain yourself for a few weeks, then we'll tell them, okay?" I know he shouldn't just walk in and be all, 'Hey I'm Annabeth's girlfriend. What's up with you guys?' because that wouldn't help the fact that he just walked in and we're already great friends, rather it would just make them more suspicious. 

"Okay, Seaweed Brain, we need to go now. Lunch already started and my friends are going to worry if I don't come soon! And I'm sure they're so excited to meet the hot new guy tomorrow. Too bad you'll have to turn them down." I said, smirking. 

"Ugh. Fine, Wise Girl. But if one of your friends asks me out, I'm leaving. And I'm also leaving if we don't have all our classes together." Percy and I both cracked up at that.

Once we said bye, I had to go back to lunch, but Percy went home because if he showed up in the middle of the day that probably wouldn't end well. And then I was heading to lunch, without my Seaweed Brain once again. At least I had something to look forward to for tomorrow. 

I arrived in the cafeteria and immediately spotted my friends Alex Sierra, Isabel Garcia, Liam Anderson, and Lily Laurier. I met all of them pretty much the moment I got settled into a routine at this school. Liam and Alex had been best friends since first grade, and I met them in Greek class, which required an entry form to get in that was really hard, so they earned my respect immediately. Lily is in my advanced reading class and we take the architecture elective together. I met Isabel last. She isn't in my classes, because she's not very smart, but she's really fun and carries the mood of the group. Together we're a pretty good team. They're not the Argo II crew, but they're pretty nice.  

"Hey everyone." I said casually, like I do every day.

"Hi." They all replied in unison.

We talked about good and bad teachers, upcoming tests, and times when we could hang out when I decided it was time to tell them.

"So, I have to tell you guys about a friend of mine who's coming to our school tomorrow." I started. "His name is Percy, and I think you're going to really like him. I met him at summer camp when I was twelve, and we've been friends ever since. I hope you don't mind." I started rambling, but I stopped myself when everyone started questioning me about the mysterious Percy. 

"Is he single?" Typical Isabel, always looking for a boyfriend.

"Why is he transferring so late in the year, it's November?" Liam said. 

"Why didn't you ever tell us about him???" Lily asked excitedly. 

Ring-ring-ring!!!

"I promise I'll tell you everything tomorrow when he comes, okay?" I said, eager to stop talking about Percy and go to class. 

"Fine" They all grumbled.

And with that, I was off to finish the day. I was strangely excited and nervous for them to meet. Little did I know what would happen tomorrow... It was bad, really bad...

Thanks for reading!!! Disclaimer: I don't own any of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians Characters, I only own the mortal characters!