Chapter 10: Scars Exposed

Percy Jackson's POV: 

The morning came all too quickly. Of course, Annabeth woke up before I did, though. I Just want to sleep, is that so much to ask??? Anyway, she had to drag me out if our bed. Literally. And yet, i still protested. "Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppp!" I mumbled. I put the pillow over my head to avoid listening to Annabeth's pleas to wake up. I finally opened my eyes when she pressed her lips against mine. "Good morning." I said, breaking the kiss after a while. We pulled apart, gasping for air, as we got up and headed to our closets. 

It was surprisingly hot out for fall, almost winter, so I put on a t-shirt and jeans. Annabeth put on her favorite sweater and shorts. We went downstairs for breakfast, waffles, pancakes, and orange juice, which unfortunately, none were blue. Then we were ready to go. 

------------------------------------------------small teeny tiny timy skippp------------------------------------------

Most of today's classes were normal, unless you count getting twenty death glares from Alex, plus being ignored by the entire group. Annabeth was pretty mad, but she knew better than to get angry with them. She and I both knew the news would be a lot for them, so we're giving them space. 

Annabeth and I had gym during second-last block today, along with a whole bunch of unathletic mortals. Most of them wouldn't last five seconds at camp half-blood playing capture the flag. Anyway, our teacher announced we would be doing fitness, strength, and combat training for the entire semester. Easy A for me! Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alex smirk as he looked at the fitness equipment. Ha! I can't wait to see him try. Annabeth also noticed and we shared a knowing glance, like, He should try sword fighting, I'm sure he'll be just as good at it. Warning: That glance contained 100% pure sarcasm and 100% raw sassiness. I clasped a hand over my mouth to stifle a laugh. 

We walked over to one of the fitness stations and My group was Annabeth, Lily, Isabel, and I. Isabel and Lily didn't say anything as we walked up to the first piece of equipment: weights. Mr. Bradley, our teacher, said we were going to have a contest to see who can lift the weights the most times, and everyone had to participate. Alex was, once again, smirking, obviously. He must be pretty strong to be excited about lifting weights. 

"GO!" Mr. Bradley shouted, then blew his whistle. I counted each lift I did as I watched my classmates slowly put their weights down, not being able to go any longer. Annabeth and I stood side by side, barely breaking a sweat as we lifted in sync. Once I had counted fifty-two, the group was down to a final five. A jock who tried to ask out Annabeth once, a girl who was short but somehow had a lot of arm strength, Annabeth, Alex, and I. So, Alex wasn't kidding when he acted as if this was child's play. I still hate him, though. 

Soon, at lift number seventy-nine, the girl and the jock were both out. The coach kept yelling words of encouragement to the 'amazing final 3' as he called us, but I just filtered them out, and focused on the girl beside me. Annabeth. Still, nothing had changed and neither of us were sweating yet, so I looked over to Alex. The guy looked desperate to stop, sweat running down his forehead so fast, it was a dam waterfall. At the same time, his face carried a look that said he wasn't stopping until one of us did, and I accepted the challenge.

Right then, Alex abruptly dropped his weight. He could tell that I wasn't backing down. Coach Bradley said we should keep going until someone stops. So, we did. But after ten more minutes, with Coach still expecting someone to quit, I knew this wasn't going anywhere. And surprise surprise, Annabeth did too. 

"Coach Bradley, unfortunately, I think we should stop here. Percy and I could go all day." She said, before I could. 

"Well, alright. Class, give me your weights please." 

I handed Bradley my weight and waited until Annabeth did the same. But when she gave it to him, she accidentally raised her right arm, forgetting what was there. The entire class was watching as her sleeve fell back slightly, revealing a giant, jagged, deep scar. Everyone stared in shock, but I was even more dumbfounded to see that...

It was the old scar from the knife she took for me. 

A/N: I know that knife didn't hit her arm, but let's pretend it did, okay? Okay! Also, do you guys prefer the shorter, more frequent chapters, or the longer, weekly chapters? PLEASE comment! If you like it, hate it, just SOMETHING! PLEASE! Thanks!