Chapter 12: We All Hate Alex (My OC)

TW: Mentions of Abu$e! 

Annabeth Chase's POV: 

So there I was, standing in a dam storage closet with Alex, who was looking very worried for some reason, and Lily, who looked thrilled, her eyes gleaming. I swear to the gods that if they accuse either me or Percy of doing anything, I won't hesitate to beat them to a pulp. 

Alex stood nervously fidgeting, his eyes filled with pure concern, rather than the anger and betrayal I had seen earlier. He shook as he made eye contact with me, opening his mouth but not speaking. I walked towards the door as if to say spit it out, quickly. He took the hint and opened his mouth once again, voice quivering, as he said;

"Is Percy... Abusing you?" And there it was. The completely stupid accusation that made no sense, involving no concrete evidence. My body pulsed with rage as I glared at them, hard. Not daring to speak a word, I stepped out. My mind shut down, letting my body take over as I ran to Percy. He was by his locker, drumming his fingers on the far wall. 

"Percy!" I yelled, maybe a little too loud. He turned around nervously, expecting a monster to jump out of the shadows and pulling out his trusty pen, Riptide. He relaxed when he saw the halls were only filled with students and teachers. "Percy!" I repeated hastily. When he noticed the urgent tone in my voice he ran to where I was standing. 

I didn't care if everyone was watching, or if it would tell everyone we're dating, but I hugged him tight when he reached me. We got a few stares, and quite a few glares, but he clung on. Silent tears ran down my face as I pulled him away into an empty classroom. His sea-green eyes, filled with concern, never left my gaze as I wiped the tears away. 

Once I stopped crying, the anger took over again. I can't believe anyone would ever accuse Percy of doing something like that.  He is the most loyal person I know. I thought... I thought maybe I had finally met a nice group of mortals, but no. It can never be good for us demigods. I looked at the sky, muttering some not-so-nice things about Zeus and Hera as thunder rumbled overhead. 

Shaking, I began. "Percy... you have to promise me you won't do anything until I say it's okay." He nodded slowly. "So, Alex a-and Lily, um, they... they," I paused. Percy stepped closer to me and took my hands. I could see the worry in his eyes, so I told him what they had said. "They... They think you're abusing me." I looked away, refusing to meet his eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry, Annabeth. But we have to show them I would never do that." He said. 

"I know, but how? They won't believe you unless... No. You're not seriously going to show them one of your huge scars just to prove a point." I rolled my eyes, folding my arms across my chest. 

"Beth, we can't have your friends thinking I'm crazy. And as much as I don't want to blow our cover, which won't happen, we have to do something. And unless you have a better idea, which you're supposed to, by the way, I'm doing this." A smile tugged at my lips as I tried to stifle a laugh. 

"Fine. It's just... I feel like all of this is my fault. And I'd never forgive myself if this plan went wrong." He hugged me way too tight. But I hugged him back even harder, resting my head on his shoulder. "I love you. So much." I whispered into his hair. He didn't reply, instead held on tighter and ran his hand through my hair. 

After what I think was a few minutes, still not breaking apart, Percy said, "By the way, Wise Girl, it will never be your fault. No matter what. I love you. Always." He stood there, wiping my tears and holding my hands until the bell rang for the next class. 

---------------------------------------time skip sponsored by percabeth sad fluff--------------------------------

The rest of the day was glum. I was in disbelief of their accusation as well as Percy's reaction. We decided to wait until the end of the day to show them Percy's scars to let them think they won. Little did they know Percy will always bounce back, better than ever. 

Finally, the end of day bell rang. I walked down the hall to find Percy pacing nervously and Lily walking up to him. I hate to say it, but it looks more like strutting than walking. Like, Drew Tanaka level strutting. Oh, gods, please say she's not going to ask him out! She stopped in front of him looking confident and nervous at the same time. I was going to just trust Percy to politely decline when Alex, Isabel, and Liam walked up behind her, saving me, saying something I couldn't hear to Percy, presumeably about our announcement

I walked up behind them and crossed my arms in front of me when I saw Alex give me a worried look. He's not supposed to be worried for me, he should be worried for himself. Lily was frustrated, annoyance in her brown eyes. Liam was staring into space, paying zero attention to whatever was happening in front of him. I saw Isabel trailing in the back of the group, but she wasn't really paying attention, fidgeting with her hair. 

"Okay," Percy started, running a hand through his hair. "So, I know some of you,"---he glared at Alex---"Think I may be abusing Annabeth." I flinched at the words, even though I knew what was coming. "But... That's not true." 

"Prove it." I heard Lily mutter. I glared at her. She smirked, batting her eyelashes innocently. Ugh, she's gonna get it. 

"I will." Percy responded, keeping his voice even, yet angry. He took off his shirt, and when I caught Lily staring, I got really angry. But then I remembered what she was staring at. Tons of jagged, gruesome scars covered his body. All of them stared in disbelief. "See?" When none of them answered, he didn't bother waiting. We walked off, ready to end this horrible day and go home to Sally's blue cookies. But as we walked Percy stopped in his tracks.

"I love you." 

A/N: Hi! Thanks for all the support! I can't believe this! Please comment so I can know how I'm doing! Also, I'm going to start a new story of one shots! Go read pls! Also do yall like KOTLC, I wanna make a ff really bad!