Chapter 9: Someone's Angry...

Alex Sierra's POV:

To say I was angry was an understatement. A big one. I stormed out, my blue eyes blazing with anger. Just as I was about to leave the cafeteria, I saw Annabeth behind me. I turned around and asked, "Why would you live there, with him?" I didn't bother hiding the disgust in my voice when I said it. She opened her mouth to answer, but I was too busy looking at Percy walking over to us. "Why's he here again?" I cut her off before she could finish. I glared at him, and he glared right back. Man, that was scary. I gulped. 

He kept his voice deadly calm before saying, "I'm here because anything you say to Annabeth, you can say to me. We live together, remember? Or did you miss that?" He asked with false innocence. Great. It's clear I'm not going to get away from him, so I just continued with Annabeth. 

"I live with him because my family hates me. Do you know how that feels? To be despised by almost everyone you come across, except a few people? Percy and Sally are practically my family, and they understand my problems as a dem-- Anyways, if you have a problem with them, you don't have to talk to me or them. Anyone else?" She said, menace laced in every word as she pointedly glared at everyone but Percy. Wow, she must really be angry. I still didn't believe that her family hated her, I mean, I saw her dad a few times last year, and he was so nice! I decided not to press the issue. 

Before I walked out, I heard Liam apologize. Annabeth and Percy forgave him, of course. Isabel gave a sorry, but also slightly disappointed look their way. So they're forgiven, yay, I thought sarcastically. My only hope to plot revenge was Lily. She nodded in my direction as we made eye contact, signaling I still had one ally. We both shot dirty looks at Percy and Annabeth and left. 

Once we were in an empty classroom, I turned to Lily. "That was a big secret. But I still can't shake the feeling that they're hiding something else. Something bigger. So, we're going to find out what it is. I have the perfect plan." Once she agreed, I wrote out the plan, and tossed the note to her before the bell rang for fifth block. 

It said: Here's what we are going to do, it's simple really:

We go over to Percy and Annabeth's to (not) apologize, and secretly plant bugs, listening devices, around the house. Then, we listen. Fool-proof, honestly. And I already have the bugs. 

She wrote back with an Okay, sounds good!, and I knew this was going to be fun. 

Percy Jackson's POV: 

After that disastrous lunch period, Annabeth and I decided to leave early. I couldn't believe Alex. How could he be so rude like that? Lily too. She literally follows Alex around like a lost puppy. The whole way home, I comforted Annabeth while driving the car. She was sad, but mostly furious, like I was. 

When we pulled into our driveway, I told Annabeth to go straight to our room, and that I would explain the situation to my mom. She obliged, and I did just that. Mom looked devastated at the mention of Annabeth's horribly rude friends, but also had a knowing look on her face, as if she predicted this. And she had. 

As soon as I finished, I ran into our room and saw Annabeth lying on the bed, crying softly, staining the pillows with tears. I laid down next to her and drew small circles on her back. We clung to each other tightly, as if life depended on it. We laid like that for what felt like hours. Soon, I heard her breathing slow down. She was asleep. I kissed her good night, and whispered, "I love you, Wise Girl. So much." Little did I know, she was wide awake. 

"I love you too." She said before drifting off to sleep. 

A/N: Hi Guys! I know it's incredibly short lolllll, but I wanted to update with something, soooo. At least there's Percabeth Fluffyyyysssssss. Thanks for reading and plsssss, I beg you, comment!!!!!