Chapter 25

Finally updated! I missed all of you guys!

I also want to make a quick reminder that if the story isn't written in first person, it means it's another person's POV! Sorry for the slight confusion :3

Who was your childhood Youtuber? Mine was Ryguyrocky!

~~~

Thump.

The sound of the arrow landing onto the target sounded like a melody to my ears. I grinned, holding the new bow in my hand.

Another bullseye.

This bow was a lot better than I had expected. The grasp was more firm, and it was a lot more easier to control. Not to mention, I could now summon an arrow as fast and whenever I wanted. 

Summoning another arrow in place, I squinted my eyes and aimed at another target. Just when I was about to release it, Eret came running in out of no where. 

"Woah-" I gasped, quickly notching my bow to the side as my fingers let go of the string. The arrow landed right next to him. Both of us froze. 

"Eret, what the hell?" I asked, lowering my position. "You know this is the training area. You shouldn't be so reckless! I almost shot you!" 

He scratched the back of his neck, ashamed. "Ah, right... sorry about that, (Y/n)! I didn't think that anyone would be training at this time," he answered, embarrassed. I bit the inside of my cheek. What he was saying was true. 

It was currently 5:30 in the morning. 

The sun was barely starting to drift out, but provided me with enough light to practice with. I just couldn't wait to use the bow.

"Okay, yeah. That's kinda fair," I admitted, letting this slide. He grinned. "I heard you won Purpled's challenge. Is that the bow?" Eret asked. I smiled, nodding. "Isn't it amazing? The enchantments on it make it so much better to use. I feel like I can do anything with this! I can't wait to go hunting again."

"That's awesome! Can I try?" he asked. I shrugged. "Sure. Here, give it a shot," I smiled, handing it over to him. He happily took it in his hands, aiming it at a target. "It has infinity, right? Uh.. how do you summon an arrow?" he asked sheepishly. I laughed. 

"You just... summon it at will. Just wish you had an arrow, and one will appear," I explained. He nodded, taking a deep breath. I watched as a arrow appeared from thin air and into place. Eret let out a noise of happiness. 

I snorted, amused at his excitement. He fired an arrow, only for it to miss wildly. "Awww... that sucks," he whined. I put my hand on his arm and lifted it more to the right. "That's the thing- you fire too quickly. If you want the perfect shot, you're going to have patience," I advised. 

"Okay, miss i'm-so-wise."

"Shut the fuck up, you damn giraffe."

We both looked at each other with a serious face before laughing. He redid his position and aimed at the target again.

He carefully looked, but I could tell he was struggling. "Why don't you ever take your sunglasses off? I'm sure it'll be easier to see without it," I suggested. He winced. "Oh, I'm not sure about that. I'm really insecure about my eyes," he answered. 

I frowned. "Really? You didn't seem to have a problem when you took them off at the ball," I commented. He shook his head. "That's kinda the reason why. People say my eyes are scary. The only way to intimidate that dumb noble was to scare him with my white eyes. It's the reason I wear brown contacts," he explained.