Chapter 33

Since the day of the confession and our mutual feelings, we had visited each other every night. Sure, it was risky and tiring, but the love we shared made everything worth it. 

When we got tired, we would cuddle together and sometimes Sapnap would sneak out a blanket for us to share. We talked about small things, like our hobbies and interests, getting to know each other better. 

One night, he had started bringing me presents.

It started off like this. 

~⏪~

I jumped over a fallen tree, a smile on my face as I was prepared to see Sapnap again. We've been doing this for about two weeks now, since out confessions. A lamp was held in my hand, gently giving a wonderful and soft golden glow.

When I finally got to the destination, Sapnap was hiding something behind his back.

"And what exactly do you have there, Sapnap?" I quired. "Is it a bomb? I hope not, because that wouldn't really be ideal, incase you haven't realized."

Sapnap could only roll his eyes playfully and chuckled a little before he pulled out a beautiful red rose with a ribbon attached to it. He handed it to me with a wink and a smirk.

I blinked in surprise as I gently took it and grasped it in my hands. "You like your gift, princess?" he smugly asked. A little of redness was dusted upon his cheeks. I felt my cheeks heating up and my heart starting to beat all over again. 

"Thank you, Sapnap. This... this is surprisingly romantic of you," I said, smiling softly whilst admiring the rose. 

His ego grew which made you laugh and bump his arm.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, pretty boy."

A blush adorned on his face and his composure was lost at the name. 

"You.. You think I'm pretty?"

"Pretty annoying, yeah."

He gasped and tackled me to the ground as I cackled. Wrapping his arms around me, he began squeezing me so tightly in a hug that I couldn't escape. "You idiot! You're gonna get my clothes dirty!" I wheezed, forcing back my laugh which came out as little puffs of air. 

"Okay, okay!" he said, finally letting go and raised his arms in mock surrender. I brushed the dirt off my clothes whilst Sapnap took the opportunity to hug me from behind and put his arms around my waist. 

"Why'd you bring a gift anyways? It's sweet but totally out of the blue," I asked, patting his head with one hand while spinning the rose around with the other.

His hair was soft and silky, I realized. Sapnap leaned into my touch. 

"I read it in a romance book."

"Pfft-"

The answer made you start giggling. "You're a hopeless romantic? That's real cheesy of you, Sapnap, getting me surprise flowers. Not that I mind at all."

He snuggled into my neck and looked down at my arm. 

"Me? A cheesy romantic? Have you looked at yourself?" he asked, smiling widely. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I've noticed, princess," he spoke gently, "that you have my bandana around your arm. Now that's what I call a cheesy romantic thing." 

I blinked and instinctively put a hand around the said bandana before my cheeks turned hot. 

"Ah... I honestly forgot about that. It just felt like a usual thing for me now. Everyday when I wake up, this first thing I do it put it around my arm. It became part of my routine," I admitted, twirling with a loose end.