Jealousy

She felt all sticky. Sweat was causing her hair to fuse, and her whole body to be slightly clammy. "I need food, but could I have a bath?" She asked rather pitifully. Natalia couldn't help but wonder if she smelled as bad to him as she did to herself. Her current scent was blood and sweat and ejaculate... it wasn't the most pleasant combination, in her opinion.

His eyes glowed with excitement. She had never seen the bath! She was certainly in for a treat. Bathing was one of the few things a vampire could do to tingle the senses, the slight warmth, the flow of water, the smells of the perfumes. He got a large blanket and draped it over her, covering her form and his as he wrapped it around them both. It provided them with some modesty so long as he didn't move too fast. He made his way out into the palace towards the downstairs basement. Catching a servant on the way and requesting he bring ample food down to the baths.

Her head leaned against him, finding it tiring to even try to lift it up. "How often do you have to drink? And how often am I supposed to?" She asked, not really sure if there was a set amount associated with these things. Would there be more of less frequency as the baby grew? Would it sort of even out once she got past this first growth spurt? Or would it require more and more the bigger it got?

As he carried her downstairs, he articulated the answer to her questions. "I drink every mealtime. So equal to 'breakfast, lunch and dinner' for your kind, and I usually have some lying around if I feel like a snack. A typical meal for me might be two large glasses. Any more, and it's more of an indulgence. I could very easily have it, but it's simply gluttonous, not sustenance at that point. For you, I imagine you'll have to drink quite a few glasses per day, especially while the little warrior grows. It might become less towards the end, but either way you'll be drinking quite a bit."

He knew it probably was not what she wanted to hear, but hopefully, the bathroom would distract her. He opened a large door and stepped inside. There were multiple pools and fountains, all contained in a large basement room. Some looked to be cold while others were steaming: a myriad of sizes and temperatures with two changing rooms to either side for male and female. Some maids were on hand to bring them glasses of blood, and he leaned her down by every pool so she could test the heat of each and decide upon the one she wanted. "I'll order them to leave when you've ready to disrobe. Then we can bathe and refresh ourselves with some food and drink."

"This is amazing!" She'd seen nothing like it. Running water of various temperatures. It was one of the most intriguing things she'd experienced thus far. She felt sort of silly with him carrying her around, and she saw one maid look at her like there was something wrong with her, as though she were an invalid. She blushed, embarrassed, even if it was just in front of a maid.

Finally, she selected a pool and had him unwrap her and set her down in it. It felt divine! She closed her eyes and sighed. This was the most wonderfully relaxing thing she'd ever experienced. She laid her head back against the edge, letting her long chestnut hair sprawl around her in the water.

The girl who'd looked at her strangely laid down two glasses and a decanter of blood on the ground next to her, and she opened her eyes just as the girl was standing back up. She noticed her raking over her naked body with deep chocolate eyes. She didn't mind that a maid saw her naked. That was rather common. However, she did mind the way she was looking at her... sizing her up... examining her. It felt very odd.

He knew it was a coincidence that Sienna had been the maid to man the baths. It must have just been her turn to do so that evening. When Natalia hadn't been looking, he had given her an authoritative glare, a warning should she act out or even so much as step a toe out of line.

After Sienna scampered away, Natalia turned to her husband to see if he had noticed. "How many of them have been turned? And how many are just humans who are willing to serve?"