Twins

"So, what had we tentatively decided on for a boy?" She asked, sighing. They'd been through dozens of names and argued about them, but she felt like they'd come to some sort of semi-consensus by the end of the last round.

The debate for a boy's name had lasted a far shorter time than for a girl. "Dante for a boy," he grinned. It had started off as a little joke about Dante's inferno and passing through hell like she had to with the pregnancy, but the joke had been catchy and every back and forth it was one that made them both smile. "Well, at least if you still like it, that is?"

He handed her the picture. In his heart, he would prefer a boy and a girl. Two boys, although a blessing, could lead to feuding. Feuding with vampires that lived thousands of years was never a good idea. A girl might have a hard life, but at least she would either have a fellow girl to share it with or a brother to be friends with.

He pondered for a moment. "Maybe Sibella isn't so bad. I mean, if we're having two. Don't ask me why, but the twin thing is warming me to it." He grinned. He knew it would make her happy. Until then he'd always veto'd it, deeming it not a strong enough name for their only child, but with two—it was about making her happy. She was enduring all of this. He could concede on a simple name.

"Are we agreed for now?" He looked at her stomach once again and ran his hand over the footmark. "I wonder which little one that was."

Natalia smiled. She liked it when she got her way. She loved the name and had fought for it hard several times over, and Dante was a lovely boy's name. "I think we're agreed," she nodded. "And I need food—proper food for me. Not them." She sighed, debating whether to even attempt to get out of bed.

"A little sunshine might do me some good." she said, looking wistfully at the window. She wanted to go outside and walk in it, but she wasn't sure traipsing all the way to the gardens was a wise choice. "And I'd like to hear the doctor's opinion on this—" she then realized she was making a laundry list for him and blushed. "Sorry, you're not my maid. I shouldn't treat you as one. It's just...it's frustrating to feel stuck here all the time."

He felt a little bad for her being stuck inside all the time. She was easier to take care of where everyone could always get to her, and she wasn't really able to get up and run herself, anyway. He helped lift her up off the bed and put her arm around him for support. "Come on, lady list of demands, let's get you outside. I'll fetch you everything you want and then keep you company. Who knows, maybe the children will enjoy some sun and warmth." 'The children' felt foreign to say. It would take some getting used to.

With Marcello keeping her supported around the back, they started to slowly and steadily walk the corridors until they got outside. As usual, his body tensed up at the feeling of light upon his skin, and he had to take a moment before they carried on walking into the garden itself and to the gazebo that sat in the center of the garden. It was surrounded on all sides by blossoming hedges.

"What food are you hungry for? I can grab some after I talk to the doctor." He sat her down on the large, plush bench there in the Gazebo where she could look out to the whole garden. From her vantage point, she could even see him coming from the palace doors to return to her.

He sighed in relief at the brief shade, wiggling his fingertips to relax them. "I still can't believe you think this is pleasant. At best, its manageable, maybe even tolerable." They had walked in the garden many times, typically once in the morning and once in the evening, if she felt up to it. Whenever he became too irritable in the sun, she would act like he had some sort of weakness or ailment, another little joke to wind him up.

"Sunshine is amazing and necessary to survive. At least for humans," she shrugged. "It makes me a little sad that I can't really enjoy it, and then I won't be able to ever again." It was the price she was willing to pay, but there were things that still made her sad.