Chapter Two

A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault.
- John Henry Newman

Tyler Sanders

"The deal is yours, Mr. Sanders."

The file in front me represented all the beneficial factors for my company. It was accurate but it was not what I wanted. I briefly checked it once and sled it toward the man sitting across from me.

Three drops of sweat covered his forehead. His eyes flickering from my face to the file on the desk, his beefy fingers loosening his collars as if to let in some air. Even though it was summer, my office room did not feel that way. It was air conditioned and the the room was cool enough for us to be comfortable and not sweat.

Hence, there was no way this man was sweating because I had poor access to cool air. No, he was sweating because he was nervous. He already knew he had lost his chance and I bet he was imagining what his boss might do to him when he informed him that I refused to strike a deal with his company.

If this man was that scared of loosing the deal then he shouldn't had bragged about his boss's reputation and mostly he shouldn't had acted like as if making this deal with me was a favour to my company. The one thing I hated about these appointments with the messengers were- when they started bragging about their offer, their company, their boss.

This investment and construction corporation of my family did not reach one of the top height that easily. I did not make my place in business within just the blink of an eye. The plots that I choose to buy were examined thoroughly by my soil specialists. The owners were checked by my informers. Before I even accepted the appointments, I had a full length of information on a paper about both the plot and the owner of it.

Being a picky investor helped me reach wherever I was. Many were aware that getting any type of information about any one in this city was very easy for me. They knew I had people all around the city watching their movements, watching the way they do their business. Learning the weaknesses of the people who choose to deal with me comes in handy sometimes.

I reckoned this man in front of me, worked for a compatible establishment. So, I had no intention of declining his offer when I accepted his appointment but the moment he opened his pitiful mouth, my decision was made.

Standing tall, I buttoned my suit jacket before shaking the man's hand. "You will get my answer in a day, Mr. Smith."

After the man left, I made my way out of my office and passed by the reception where my secretary, Mary was. "After an hour, inform Mr. Smith I'm not interested."

All my employees parted for me and passed greetings to me to which I nodded. They were my faithful workers. I never employed anyone who had less loyalties than the dogs. When the elevator reached my floor, I went in and made it downstairs without any interruptions from other floors.

Immediately, I spotted my bodyguard who could be a driver when needed and now, I needed a driver.

Taking out my phone, I noted it was nearly 12 in the afternoon. I got off work early today. Well I postponed a few meetings today thus I was free now. If I wanted that deal back in the office, then I would have been sitting there finalising every aspect but no, I didn't want that deal.

A small bling from my phone indicated I received a new mail.

Mr. Tom Wilson received the full payment. He will vacate the place by tomorrow. The plot is yours, Mr. Sanders. Congratulations.

Finally. After all, it was meant to be. Another one added to my collection.

The loud noise of children made me glance outside the window and I noticed, I reached my destination. I looked up at Simon, my head of security who stayed with me at all times whenever I stepped out of my safe zones.