Chapter Twenty-Eight

Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself.
-Oprah Winfrey

Claire Bishop

The drowning sun casted a purple veil over the glistening water and smooth sandy beach. A line of beautiful palm trees fenced between the private beach and the hotel's swimming pool.

My bright blue eyes took in the smiling faces of men, women and children littering around the pool. It had been an wonderful day.

What had been my dull blue eyes now turned to vibrant ones upon having a pair of father-daughter invade my life. I couldn't say it was much of an invasion if one truly desired their presence.

I closed my eyes, breathing in the salty air of dusk. A big, bold smile curving over my face, radiating my happiness to whoever was looking up at the balcony.

As I said, it had been an wonderful day given the way it had started for me. I had enjoyed every precious second of today with my thoughtful husband and hyped daughter.

If someone had said to me six months ago that I would be leaning against a luxurious hotel's balcony railing, enjoying the beautiful sunset in Greece as well as waiting for my husband to finish tucking in our tired daughter, then I wouldn't had called that someone insane, in fact I would had registered myself into an asylum because I was pretty sure I would go insane myself at the thought of having this moment ever in my life.

But God was great on me.

"Hey."

Opening my eyes, I faced the direction of the voice to find the man I was thankful for, in lounge pants and grey t-shirt, leaning against the balcony door while crossing his arms and spotting a tender smile.

As always, my heart beat quickened at the sight of this pure gold specimen. God had all the intention of making the female population go weak on their knees when He sculpted this brown haired man.

"Hey." I said, running my fingers over my loose hair. "Lydia's sleeping?"

A sensual wind blew from behind me, caressing the ends of my silk robe at the middle of my thighs. I had been planning for a long, soothing bath but I was too indulged in the beauty of beachside sunset.

"Yes." Tyler replied but his eyes were on the flow of the silk robe.

I tightened the knot on my midriff suddenly feeling the darkened passion filled look shoot through me lightening fast. Swallowing, I walked past him, into the bedroom but halted at the doorway of the wide bathroom.

He was my husband. I had been with him for more than once. He had seen me bare, felt my skin, made love to me like no other.

So why shy now, Claire?

Aware of his eyes on me, I blew out a breath and worked on the knot. Loosening the side of the robe, I let it drop from one shoulder, making sure it only hinted half of my back and covered my already hardened nipples.

Slowly, I met his intense gaze over my bare shoulder and licked my dry lips. "I'm going for a bath." I paused, increasing the tension between us. "Join me?"

His response was no words but his action said it all.

Never straying his eyes, he took one step at a time, fisting the ends of his t-shirt and lifted it over his head. His hard abdomen and pecs rippled with each movements as he threw the material over the bed.