Jasmine

Jasmine's POV

I woke up calm and content for school. I currently attend high school and I graduate in a few short weeks. I'm soon going to turn eighteen in July, which I am quite excited for.

I'm not the most social girl out there, but I can be pretty outgoing at times.

I have a best friend named Landon and another named Reese who are both I am very close to.

I'd say I'm a average looking girl. I am tall, lean with the basic brown hair and brown eyes look. Nothing too special about me to say the least.

Shaking my thoughts, I got dressed for school and made my way out the door for class.

When I arrived, I was greeted by Landon and Reese. Landon was tall, with ripped muscles that any girl would drool over. I can admit I had a crush on him and definitely would trust him with my life. He is a jokester and a hockey player for our school. Landon has dreamy hazel eyes and dark brown hair.

On the other hand, Reese is the complete opposite. They has a short brown hair with a stripe of green in the strand of their hair. Reese is non-binary and I'm proud to call my school a safe space for those who identify with who they really are. Inclusiveness is really important because no one should feel ashamed of who they are. It's all which makes us unique in our own way.

Anyways, Landon and Reese are great friends. "Hey Jasmine, is it cool if I take a moment to talk with you about something?" Landon immediately asks, he lowkey looked like a hot mess. I nodded a little confused.

"Sorry, Reese." Landon replied. Reese rolled their eyes, "It's fine. I'll catch ya later anyways." Reese waved toward and and winked at me as they left. I blushed furiously as if they knew what was about to go down.

Landon playfully grabbed my hand and dragged me into an empty classroom.

"So, whats up Landon?" I asked curiously. He looked a little nervous. "Is everything ok? Did something happen? Please tell me, you're scaring me." I pleaded.

He took a deep breath in, "So Jasmine, you have been my best friend for a long time. I love spending all of my time with you.." He began.
I didn't think that Landon be the one to have a sappy conversation with.

"If you say no, its fine but totally even forget I asked but-" He froze mid sentence. He took a pregnant pause,

"Will you go on a date with me? And not as friends?" I was taken aback. Super hot Landon wants me?

I smiled but a little hesitant for some odd reason. Shaking it off I responded with only thing I could think of: "Yes!" I said eagerly. He smiled, "I could just kiss you right now!" I blushed.

Landon and me dating? No way. I didn't ever picture Landon being so hot be with basic me.

Landon smiles from ear to ear, "Ok, cool. I'll text ya." I nod. "Sounds good."

As Landon walks away happily, all I can think is about how I'm blown away by the fact that Landon legit likes me? How wild is that?

Me- out of all people in this universe? There's no way. I admit, I am more on the average side and definitely not as gorgeous as some of the girls who I go to high school with but I can't seem to wrap my head around this.

It was time for class and I made my way to first period.

***

School was boring as ever but what made it interesting was Landon being on my mind. He finally did text me and told me that tonight he will pick me up around 5pm. The butterflies that erupted in my stomach caused me anxiety.