Jasmine's Parents

Trevor's POV

A thought crosses my mind as we are leaving the warehouse. I think it's best to stop and search the area.

"Stop here." I order the driver. We pull over and my team looks at my confused.

"Let's shift into our wolves. It is possible we will find the humans around here. I want everyone to search until we find something, anything that will give us a lead." I say. My team nods.

We exit the limo and separate into our usual groups. I strip myself of my clothes and allow my bones to break and reassemble into my large black wolf.

I give myself a good whiff of the air. I smelt blood and lavender. I knew it. I had a feeling deep within that was telling me to stop and search this unknown territory.

I smell blood. Cole states through mind-link.

We are close. I agree.

Our wolves are running side by side as we grow closer to the source.

I love running in my wolf form. The thrill I get as I run faster and faster is so exonerating.

We reach a clearing and the rustic smell of blood hits me.

Lying on the cold, damp ground were two bodies.

Of a man and woman.

Sh*t.

They were lying in a pool of blood. My heart sunk for Jasmine.

Shift and check for pulses now!!!! I demand angrily with my voice echoing through mindlink for all to hear.

Yes Alpha King. They respond. We all shift back to our naked forms.

My men check for pulses and turn toward me. "They are alive. Barely breathing, but alive." Cole states.

I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't realize I was holding my breath this whole time.

Thank the Moon Goddess. I'm not sure if I would be able to break the news to my princess about her parents.

My wolf howls in relief at that thought.

"Take them in the limo and go the the pack doctor. Our work is not done here." I command. They nod and carry Jasmine's parents away.

"Alpha King," Cole begins to say, I glance toward him. "Yes?" I question, my patience is wearing thin.

"Why are we saving these humans? What is the purpose?" Cole asked hesitantly. My eyes darted toward him. None of my team knows of my human mate nor her parents.

"How dare you question authority, Cole." I say angrily. "These poor humans don't deserve a life knowing about werewolves. Their innocence is pure and we must protect them. Besides the point, maybe you're mate is a human. Have you ever thought to have a human mate? Answer me now." I am really angry at him questioning me. Cole gulped in front of me.

"Sorry, my king." I nod. He needs to know his place in my kingdom.

A voice interrupts my thoughts, "Alpha King. We found a lead!" I whipped my head toward one of my warriors, Dale.