Karl Heisenbeberg x f!reader || Moments ∆SMUT∆

Title: Moments

Ship: Karl Heisenberg x f!reader

Triggers:  smut, nothing too bad, maybe some angst at the end, no cuddles today

Characters: Reader, Karl Heisenberg

Wordcount: 2794

a/n: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯enjoy  the den of iniquity

***

Everything always changes. The days, the months, the weather, the scenery. So unacknowledged in the grand scheme but she had noticed. Perhaps it was the fact that everything had changed quite drastically for her not too long ago without her consent or maybe it was the tempest she could feel in the air, waiting for the eruption.

It would not come on this day, she knew, but still she feared it when she looked out to the falling snow. It would change again and this time, this time she had something to lose.

The last few weeks there had been a different change, one she hadn't quite rejected as she had others. A slow craving that built with every interaction, every sharp word. She feared what it meant, feared it wasn't real and yet, she was still drawn to it.

Among the cries and sharp thrust deep into the night, she held something else close to her heart which he most likely did not. She remembered the horrors when she first came to this place littered in metal and scrap, hardly a safe place by the looks of it, and she remembered the first time he had claimed her. All the urgency and teeth. He had let up with time, playing with his food rather than devouring it but still, she wondered how much longer until he gets bored of his new toy.

The thoughts were dark and pressing but never could she keep up that wall she constructs in his absence, a simple smile and it crumbles around her. Such is the power he holds over her. She was his to consume and do as he wishes. More often than not, she was the one begging for him to do so.

Lost in thought, a gasp leaving her lips as she felt a hand wrap around her middle as she was pulled against a chest. She didn't need to turn around to know who it was, she had grown accustomed by now. The brim of his hat pressing against the side of her neck as he inhaled.

Unlike everything else in the factory, even the village, she was sweet, intoxicating. She didn't quite fit here and yet she found herself so perfectly by his side. Objectively, one could surmise she had no use for any of the elements pushing against each other within the village and yet, she had grown to an important aspect to him. He depended on her like he hadn't on any other being. May it be the sympathetic ear or the way she never recoiled from him, it was up for debate.

She was pressed firmly to his chest by the grip he had on her middle as the other hand busied itself with the cigars he held between his fingers.

"What are you doing?" His voice lingered in the air and she shifted slightly, looking over the rails at the many levels below.

"Thinking." She leaned back against him, fingertips just barely keeping touch with the railing. It wasn't the thing that was important right now.

"Hmm.." he murmured but didn't comment as he took a final drag from the cigar and flicked it to the levels below.

"What are you doing?" Her voice was soft but it still carried on the wind as she watched the cigar fall until it got so small her eyes could trail it no longer.

"Well I'm glad you asked." She could tell there was humour to his voice, he almost sounded chipper as alarming as that was. "Thought it time for a little break. We deserve it don't you think?"