Heisenberg x F!reader || A new dawn *SMUT*

Title: A new dawn

Ship: Heisenberg x F!Reader

Triggers: Lowkey stockholm syndrome, pwp

Characters: Heisenberg, reader, mentions of lycans, miranda 

Wordcount: 4230

A/N: Look he doesn't run away after this time, are you proud of me?

***

Deep within the night, darkness spread like a blanket in the night with the odd flickering in the distance. The breeze biting into her skin as another growl spread fear into the air. She was safe for the moment, so close to that which could control them but a few more paces and she was playing with fire, would she even make it back in time if that were the case?

Some nights were spent like this, retrospective. She wondered how long it's been, she tried counting the days since she had oddly found refuge here but it's been hard to keep track as of late, but the most pressing question was, how long before her usefulness runs its course?

Sometimes he found her here, a sharp word as he pulled her back into the factory at the dark hours of the night, with her apologizing profusely thought those had decreased with time.

It wasn't quite the situation that pushed her into the biting cold. The thing that really gnawed and got under her skin was the developing feelings that surely would only ever be from her side. Maybe she wanted him to drag her back, proof that he sees her. There were moments of something kinder, but ultimately he stayed cold towards her, barely a notice even when they worked in the same vicinity each and every day.

She admired him. His work, though morally unsound, was ingenious. She also admired the reason behind it, felt a twisted sense of understanding when he spoke on it. She'd never voice any of this, of course, past the involuntary flush of cheeks.

She wondered if she took a few steps forward if he'd even bothered if she'd screamed or even if she would have time to scream. Would he bother looking, would he even feel her absence. Does her life hold meaning?

The door creaked behind her to which she turned, he had forgone his hat and glasses from his usual attire. Her heart pounded, an odd sense of warmth spreading through her chilled body as he approached. No words were spoken, unlike previous occasions when he almost reprimanded her for standing in the cold.

A sigh left his lips as he looked out at the scene in front of him, as he stood beside her, another echo of grunts and growls lingered in the night air.

"Another day and another time I find you staring out into the dead of night. " He commented. "You aren't being held prisoner, you know? You could leave-"

"No." She stated firmly, arms crossing over her chest as her heart pounded beneath it. She knew what was out there beyond his territory. Heisenberg may offer her only emotional turmoil but he also came with security for the time being. "I don't want to leave." She said softly, eyes cast down.

He looked at her demeanor for a moment, she was so puzzling. If it wasn't to flaunt with the idea of escape, why stand here in the wind and weather. He couldn't quite make sense of the oddity in her actions and everyday quirks. She was an odd specimen, one which he'd like to unravel and explore but those specific thoughts were best kept to himself where he could think it through in the deep hours of the night when he knew she was asleep.

"That's good." He hummed. "You must not entirely hate it then." A small smile threatened at his lips as he gave her a sideways glance.

"It's not the worst." She replied, not yet lifting up her eyes to meet his. In all honesty, it was really not that bad, definitely better than the alternative. They both knew this fact but she wouldn't be the one to confess it.