Brother's Mate

Spare Me Alpha but I Want Your Beta

Chapter 7- Brother's Mate

Nathaniel's POV

I walked back, wondering what the hell just happened in the last couple of hours. Julian knew something about that girl. I had to wait until Nick got back. There was some strange shit going on here, and I didn't like it.

I saw all the guys hanging out by the training area. I walked over to meet them.

"Hey, Nate! Did you get her number?" Adam asked.

"No!" I spat. "She's a rogue I'm not that desperate." I couldn't let them know that the girl did something to me or that I had an urge to hide her away from any harm.

"You had us fooled!" Marcus laughed along with everyone else. "Dude, we wouldn't have blamed-- you she was bangin’. She had that Latin flavor going for her," Marcus said, slapping Adam up.

"So what's her story?" Adam asked.

"None of your damn business... You guys are asses. I'm heading out; my little bro found his mate today and he is bringing her over for dinner," I said while walking towards the garage. I was one of the few who owned their own property of land.

"Oh! What are you making? Can we come over too?" Marcus asked. That boy was always eating everything in my kitchen. "No! I will bring you a doggy bag!" I said while laughing.

I got in my escalade, and turned on the AC full blast. It was hot out today. Pulling out of the garage, I couldn't help but think how happy my mother would have been to know one of us found our mate.

My house was big-- it was a one of the mansions on land. I was hoping when I bought it, that I would have a big family to fill it with, but no such luck. I hadn't found my mate, and if it wasn't for my brother, it would feel as if I was drowning in emptiness. Now that Mason found his mate, it was an addition of another member to the family. When I reached home, I started to cook. Losing my mother had made me appreciate all the hard work she used to do for her boys. She loved us dearly, but when my father died during a rogue attack, my mother couldn't bear it, so she took her life too. That night I found her in the bath with a knife in heart. It was an image I could never wipe from my memory. I would never spare the life of a rogue. That was why my reaction to Alexa confused and agitated me. There was something about her... she was different.

I brought myself back to reality. No use dwelling on the past. I decided to make Mason's favorite stuffed shells, salad, and garlic bread. Simple enough, I thought to myself. I heard the door close, and I knew Mason was home.

"Where is my favorite brother in world?" he called as soon as he got in. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the living room, and found my brother standing there with the cheesiest smile ever.

"What's with the drama?" I raised one eyebrow, and grabbed him into a hug. "Dude, finding your mate is amazing, and I'm glad for you. But at least spare me from your antics," I teased. "So, what’s she like?"

He followed me into the kitchen, and I resumed cooking while he told me about his mate. He already looked bewitched. God knew how much more in love he could be. I couldn't believe my brother was this emotional about his mate.

"Nate, she's beautiful. She's got big hazel green eyes, tan skin, and light brown hair that falls down her back like velvet. Her body is amazing. Honestly, I don't know what I did to receive her as a mate, seeing my history as a player," he said. Then he then tensed a little.

"What is it, Mace?" I asked, seeing his sudden mood change.

"Nate, you're my brother, and I love you to death man, but..." he began. The oven beep before he could finish. He got up from the stool.