Letting Go

Nathaniel's POV

I waited long enough it was killing knowing she was right behind those doors... Yet I couldn't see her. When I heard Nick raise his voice I used my werewolf hearing to listen in on what was being said. "What about Nate? Huh? He choose his mate over you and he's the reason you even in this situation" the bastard was trying to throwing me under the bus. I got up from my spot and made my way to her room. I stopped mid stride when I heard her delicate voice.

"Why are you doing this? We're not talking about Nate right now and if Nate did find his mate I would have let him go just as I'm doing with you" she said to him. We had spoke about the possibilities of finding our mates. I told her when the time came we would deal with it. I know that if I had found my mate under different circumstances I would have made the decision to end things with Alexa. She knew this as well as I did which was why when I found out Nick was her mate I told her I wouldn't stand in the way. This whole situation is so messed up. One person changes fate and it affects everyone in someway or another.

I couldn't stand not seeing especially with Nick filling her head with half the story. I turned the knob to her door and walked in. My heart dropped Alexa was in a heated kiss with Nick. When he pulled away he thanked her. She made her decision... She choose him. I guess there was no point in sticking around if she was only going to tell me she had chosen her mate. I closed my eyes for a second taking a deep breath when I opened them she gasped as her eyes peered into mine. I quickly left closing the door behind me. I walked down the hall with my head low when I bumped into someone. I quickly steadied the person. I looked up a noticed it was Hannah. "Nate! Look what you did that was the last chocolate cake they had in the cafeteria" she huffed looking at the splattered cake on the floor.

"I'm sorry Hannah I didn’t see you there, I thought you went home?" I asked. She was the one who was going to take the news hard. I shook my head looking a her rounded belly. "I was but I decided I would wait for Nate. He's going to need someone for support when he walks out that door" she said sadly. I was shocked Hannah had no idea. I sighed how could Nick do this to her? I watched as she continued to look down at the cake. "Hannah how about I take you to eat up the road and I'll by you another chocolate cake?" I asked she looked at me her blue eyes shined with excitement. "But what about Nick? I think I should wait Nate... Even though the cake idea is tempting... I'm going to wait for my mate" she said smiling. I nodded "Okay but if for some reason you need someone you call me, and I’ll be here" I said because the poor girl had high hopes for her and the family she's going to have with Nick. She looked at me funny, but nodded in agreement. I left her behind and walk out the hospital I shut my link off. I didn't want to talk with no one.

I made my way to my truck after sitting behind the wheel for what felt like hours. Just thinking how I'm going to sit back and watch them together. I sighed and started the ignition and made my way home. It hurt to know I would never share the love I have for Alexa with no one else and I would never be with my mate. I had to be strong I would be happy for her. I will be there for her whenever she'll need me. I pulled up to the house and I was surprised to see Alexa's mother sitting at my steps. I got out of my truck and made my way to her.

"What are you doing out here? You could have waited inside" I said to her she smiled sadly. "It's fine I don't want to cause any problems with Dahlia right now; she's upset with me and I don't want to push her any further away from me then she already is." I looked at her you could hear the sadness behind her words. "Well Mrs. Rose you don't have to wait outside any longer this is my home and you are welcome here anytime. C’mon in, I'm sure you didn't come here just to see my handsome face?" I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Please call me Melania" She said while laughing which was the exact way Alexa's laughed only Alexa's was more like music to my ears... I shook my head god I was going to miss her. We made our way into the kitchen area. "Would you like something to drink?" I asked as she sat on the island stool. "A glass of water is fine" she said I filled her a glass of water and pulled a muscle milk for myself I was feeling drained I needed some protein.