Chapter 33

Happy fourth! And thanks for 5K! :P
                              ***
December 31st, 2017

The few months after Halloween, were quiet. Surprisingly, the cheerleaders didn't seem to be taking advantage of anything. Yet.

In my mind, it was another part of their plan. Everyday, Angel and I are alert, and on our toes. We're constantly stressed, and I feel like everybody knew that.

"Maybe something happened, and they decided to give up?" Angel suggests, pushing Amelia down the rollercoaster in their backyard.

"No way. That doesn't seem like them," I mumble, sitting on a rock and feeding some squirrels that have come up to me. "It's making me nervous."

"Have you had any visions about it?"

I shake my head, looking up at the clouds. "Nothing. Which is even weirder."

Michael suddenly busts the backdoor open, pale and breaths hard. "Mom's home!" He suddenly yells, earning shocked looks from the two younger siblings, before it kicks in.

"Hide!" Angel shouts, tugging me by my wrists back inside the house.

We quickly sprint through the kitchen, and up the stairs. Michael curses when I forget my backpack, quickly looking around, before shoving it in a cabinet just when the backdoors to the garage open.

"We're home!" The parents of the household enter in lavish clothes, arms filled with bags.

Their mother takes off her sunglasses, sighing as she hands all her stuff into Michael's arms immediately. "Take those to my third closet, please. Where's Amelia?"

Michael stutters, looking into the backyard where Amelia is still stuck in the rollercoaster seat, blinking innocently. "Rollercoaster."

Their father looks out, before giving a glare to the oldest. "Did you just leave her there, or what?"

"Angel went... to the bathroom."

Their mother's eyes light up, grabbing one singular bag from Michael's arms. "Oh that's right, I bought a few clothes for him while we were in Belize. Get Amelia out of the coaster, and begin dinner. I'll be back."

Michael pales, turning after her when she begins to the stairs. "Uh, mom— wait!"

"Do as your mother told," their father commands, grabbing the bags from his son's arms before moving down the hall to their bedroom.

From the top of the stairs, Angel and I see his mother turning to go up them. Angel panics, pushing me to his room and shoving me in his closet.

I don't say anything as the door is shut. I quickly move to the back of the closet just when his mother enters his room. "Angel we're home— What in the world are you doing?"

"Uh, m-meditating."

"On the floor?"

"... Isn't that where you're supposed to meditate?"

There's silence.

"Well, okay. I got you some clothes from Belize..." I can see her through the slats as she moves to his bed, setting the bags down. She grabs out a few nice shirts already on their hangers. "Aren't these nice? I think blue looks great on you."

"Yeah. Yep. They're great."

"I'll put them in your closet for you—"

"Wait!"

My eyes widen, and I quickly shove myself over to the jeans section of Angel's huge closet. I use my abilities to make myself float as I raise my legs out of sight, crossing them in front of me.